“Do yourself a favor and just eat here.”
Review of Crave by Daniel's

Crave by Daniel's
Reserve with OpenTable
Crave by Daniel's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Crave by Daniel's on Hilton Head Island is creating innovative cuisine from around the world to satisfy even the most discerning palate. Opn for Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The service was impeccable, both the hostess and server were friendly and happy to answer any questions. Our food was absolutely amazing and was prepared in a timely manner. This is by far the best restaurant I've been to in the past 6 months and I will gladly come back the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

After many years of coming to Hilton Head, we have found the ultimate restaurant. This place is amazing...fantastic decor - the highest quality of fresh food put together by a very talented chef (who stopped by our table by the way).
We tried everything, fresh fish - the blue crab salmon sliders; The Gauho - filet mignon, perfect temperature sliced over fried mozzarella bites, Greek lamb Gyros, wow!!!
Great wine list with exotic drinks and desserts -
Do not miss this reasonably priced gem when visiting Hilton Head -

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Everything was GREAT! Food by far best on island! Everyone should try this place! Everything was great!

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Delicious steaks, great service (even at the bar!). Great spot with an eclectic atmosphere and diverse menu --- something for everyone!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our Dine-Around group descended on Daniel’s Saturday Night with reservations for 8 people. The restaurant was difficult to find because it was on the second floor, behind a small door leading off of a large patio filled with a band and dancers. It was quiet in the restaurant..

The first thing we encountered was a booth set for 6 places while we had 8 people. We explored all of the alternatives offered by our hostess and finally settled on that booth with a chair placed out on the end. Tight, but we managed. The establishment has a lot of high-top tables, so there were no regular height tables to add to our booth to make it bigger. Sliding in and out of the booth was fairly uncomfortable, especially for one of the ladies.

The menu is a marvel in selection; with choices ranging from American to European to Asian with a Butcher Block page for steak lovers. The specialty is tapas which they call the big small plates and the choices are numerous. There were only a few duplicate food orders within our group and for the most part, each of us ordered two plates for dinner.

I started with a Soup Flight ($6.50) which consists of a sample of each of the three signature soups – what a great idea. Unfortunately, the soup arrived lukewarm. I sent it back to the kitchen to be heated but it never returned.

My wife had the petit Filet Mignon (6 oz.) ($19.00) which was cooked to perfection and which she enjoyed immensely. The remaining guests received their selections in two courses, we were told because there was so little room on the table. Perhaps if the waiter had cleared the dishes and used glassware in a timely fashion there would have been more room.

The food quality was fantastic and the presentation was world class. It is easy to see why this restaurant deserves 4 stars. The atmosphere is sedate, cozy and warm. The restaurant was less than half full.

I started with the Hibachi Seared Filet Mignon ($15.00) which had a little tang to it and tasted terrific. Not only was it cooked just right but the onions and sauce added so much flavor. The second dish was a scallop and shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta ($16.00) which was a little bland after the steak, but still flavorful in its own way. My dessert was the Crème Brulee Flight ($8.00) which consisted of a mini trio of assorted crème brulee. Very, very tasty.

The total dinner time was 3 hours: ½ hour eating and 2 ½ hours of waiting time. We waited for everything, from the plates to be cleared to orders being taken. It was very difficult to get a drink refill, the water was never refreshed and the food took forever to arrive, as did the checks. We suspect that the restaurant was short-handed and it reflected on the service. I polled our group to be sure it wasn’t just I who felt that the service was very poor and everyone else agreed. In some cases, one might vote on the quality of service by varying the tip amount to reflect the level of service. We were not offered that opportunity, since a 20% gratuity was added to the check. I believe that this is one of the few situations where I would have left less than 20%.

It will be a long time before we return to this restaurant and that is a shame, since the food was so good. We gave it 5 stars for the food quality and 1 star for the service; averaging out to 3 stars.

2  Thank raudetra
avivben, Manager at Crave by Daniel's, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Let me start off by apologizing about your seating situation. Unfortunately our booths are the only low top seating option for large parties. I understand the inconvenience they can present.

While I'm ecstatic to hear such positive remarks in regards to the food, I'm a little baffled by the comments on service, as our management teams takes a very aggressive approach to ensuring every table has an unforgettable experience. That evening specifically I helped tend to your table, filling waters, clearing plates, and running drinks when your server was held at another large party. In addition to myself, our bar manager and hostess also helped with all duties. I apologize if our attention was needed more than given.

That evening we had four other large parties of 8+ people in each, during the time you dined with us so, I apologize if the food and drinks came out a little slower than usual.

With the satisfaction of the food and atmosphere, I invite you to join us again where I will personally take care of you and your party to ensure a more memorable experience.