“Best Happy Hour in Hilton Head!”
Review of Crave by Daniel's

Crave by Daniel's
Reserve with OpenTable
Crave by Daniel's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Crave by Daniel's on Hilton Head Island is creating innovative cuisine from around the world to satisfy even the most discerning palate. Opn for Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week.
ponte vedra
“Best Happy Hour in Hilton Head!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

What a great find! Has to be the coolest bar around. Conveniently located in Coligny Plaza area this place is beautiful. The woodwork and lighting are amazing.

Happy Hour from 4:30 - 6:30 is the best! Superb drink specials and buy one get one Tapas food! The hummus platter is to-die-for! We also had the goat cheese sofrito, the chili oysters and the goat cheese ravioli. All were delicious and can easily be dinner (portions are large). Bartender was very friendly and gave good food recommendations if you ask.

There was hardly anyone there when we arrived at 5pm so apparently this is primarily a nightclub. I am not a bar person so would not come back in the evening - but it is a wonderful happy hour with delicious food!

I would definiltey come again - - and our 22 year old son has already been back 2x since we arrived. He loves the vibe!

2 Thank elise b

North Caldwell, New Jersey
“Strange Place...Myrtle Beach at HHI!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food was good , but, the interior looked more like the night club it is after dinner hours.
Our waitress,Toni was very attentive and knowledgeable with regard to the menu. I just think, without getting into each dish, that one could do much better at Irvine's Eat or Wiseguys for tapas or small plates for both atmosphere and quality.

1 Thank Dominick S
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Steak, and even better service!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I had a "date night". What a great place to go with OUT the kids. But there was a family or two with kids, so you could do it. I don't think my kids would sit that long. When we arrived at 6pm my husband and I were the only ones in the place. It was romantic. By 7pm the tables were starting to fill up. We had nice salads (substitute for the daily veggie). Ceasar and Greek both good. My husband had the soup trio.. can't remember what it was called. He really liked it, even though it had a tiny little spoon. My steak was great with fried onion strings and blue cheese. My husband thought his was too spice and a little over cooked, but didn't say anything and when the server checked on us, he said it was ok and she said let me get you another one. And very quickly he had a new steak and it was great! Very nice !!! We also ordered the fondue.. not great for fondue, but it was fun to do. Chocolate should have been thicker and not even stuff to dip in. But were were just trying to avoid getting our kids from the babysitter for another 20 minutes. Server and Bartender were very knowledgeable about Hilton Head and gave us some good tips. If you are looking for a NICE sit down meal, this would be the place. Good location if you in the Coligany Plaza area.

1 Thank hollyb905
avivben, Manager at Crave by Daniel's, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback! We welcome and appreciate any feedback, both positive and negative. I apologize for the initial steak, but happy to hear the situation was quickly rectified. We look forward to seeing you again on your next Hilton Head trip! (maybe next time with the whole family!)
Arnold, Maryland
“Strange Nightclub”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was probably the weirdest nightclub I have ever been in. The bouncer seemed to be letting in people of ALL ages, some looking as young as 14. It was strange to see seniors dancing away with young teenagers. There was also no restriction on clothing. There were people barely wearing anything along with other in sweatshirts. It made no sense. And it was so tiny. There was hardly a dance floor and because the dance floor is as soon as one comes in the door, it's difficult to navigate around the place. Also, it's a blacklight club, so don't wear anything in which everyone can see your underclothes. One woman may as well have just worn a bra. The best thing I can say for this place is that there was no cover charge, which meant we could walk right out.

2 Thank Kaitlin S
Kaitlin-

I apologize that your brief experience with Daniel's was anything short of amazing. Given your detailed description of the evening, it is clear to me that you joined us during our "Latin Night" which offers FREE salsa lessons to not only our dinner guests, but any guests who wishes to join. The lessons start early enough that any persons, of any age, are welcomed to join. Promptly at 11pm however, our professional and experienced security staff, kindly escorts anyone under the age of 21 out of the building. So while you may have very well witnessed 14 year old's coming into our establishment and participating in the class, I can assure you it was not after 11pm.
In addition to the age restriction after 11pm, a dress code is not only enforced, but displayed on a large chalk board outside our front entrance- to ensure there is no confusion. We do not turn away families from participating in our fun and free lessons, simply because they may not be adequately dressed for our finer dining atmosphere.
Lastly, the black lights, disco ball, and colored lights are simply a fun addition to the evening. I apologize again that your experience was cut short- as I'm sure you would have enjoyed yourself. We would love for you to come during regular dining hours and enjoy our unique, and hand crafted worldly menu.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“AMAZING experience!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food was amazing, waitress was knowledgeable, and atmosphere was great! Go during happy hour and get the buy one get one tapas! There infusion drinks are also awesome and not expensive!!! We go to Hilton Head twice a year and from now on a trip to Daniel's will be a must when we go!