“A denfinite yes”
Review of The French Bakery

The French Bakery
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A cozy seating area, reminiscent of European cafés. Please stop by and enjoy our fine food, ambiance and soothing music! Our goal is to provide a taste of the finest things Provencal life can bring to the island through our French menu items, baked goods and table linens. We are committed to continuing our positive relationship with both local residents and visitors to the island and we encourage our customers to let us know how we are doing.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The French Bakery has excellent service and very fresh baked goods that are delicious. You can eat outside in the charming courtyard or inside the cafe. The pastries are so good that we take a few home with us and share them with friends.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The French Bakery & Courtyard Café is located in Pineland Station Shopping Center in Hilton Head. We summon OnStar for directions, and upon entering the Pineland Station Shopping Center, OnStar sings out, “you have arrived.” Well, not yet. The French Bakery & Courtyard Café is near the main entrance and is near the “duck pond.”

To be clear, the French Bakery & Courtyard Café is not a five star French restaurant. The French Bakery & Courtyard Café actually is more of a self-serve excellent French bakery with 7-8 interior tables as well as outside courtyard seating. My wife “requires” several trips a week for French pastry carry out. The breads and deserts equal the finest breads and pastries in various parts of France (including Paris.)

The breakfast and lunch menus offer clever European meals at a fraction of the price. Expect Quiche Lorraine, Café Latte, Signature Grilled Chicken Panini, and various soups and salads. The French Bakery & Courtyard Café does not offer wine or beer, but does offer soft drinks.

The French Bakery & Courtyard Café is fine for kids if their parents can skip McDonald’s. The French Bakery & Courtyard Café’s tariff is quite small for the fare

2  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed December 2, 2012

What a great find. Outstanding breads and other baked goods served in a cute little shop. Delicious loaves of bread to go. Good coffee and cheerful service. Nice spot to chill.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This little gem is hidden away in one of the shopping plazas along Wm. Hilton Hwy. My husband and I went there for lunch one chilly day on a recent visit to HH. We ordered at the counter, practically drooling at all the beautiful pastries and cakes on display. I wish I could have taken some with us.
I had the wonderful zucchini ratatouille soup, which was just excellent, full of zucchini chunks and other veggies, served with a piece of French bread. He had the chicken salad on multigrain bread and said that the chicken salad wasn't anything special, but the bread was great.
This is a tiny place with a pleasant, friendly atmosphere. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

What an amazing and delightful treat! My girlfriend & I stopped in on our way to a day of shopping. We each had the croissant with ham and provolone cheese. It was very, very delicious. My friend had a cappuccino as well. The prices are reasonable, the service is good, and the ambiance is quaint! I only wish we had more time to spent there!