“French Bistro Gem”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Grapevine, Texas
“French Bistro Gem”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Charming French bistro atmosphere, lovely outdoor dining area should you so choose -- we ate inside near the bar. They do have a piano and entertainment some nights. Service a bit dicey but they try. We loved our gal! A limited French bistro menu that does manage to offer something for everyone. Had a serene and tasty experience -- ordered the scallop appetizer, supped on the fish of the day -- melt in your mouth grouper. Sauce tantalizing. Enjoyed the bread and cheese board they bring once you're seated. Not especially suited for kids but rather a romantic little superstar tucked into Shelter Cove. Tres magnifique! Don't miss it!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank thenk

“Mediocre food”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The food was mediocre and nothing special. We ate there for lunch and all 4 of us had something different. The service was just ok, the waitress was somewhat unattentive. The view is really nice with the marina in the background.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank mgoblue81
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best steak ever!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We sat inside as it was such a warm evening, and enjoyed the piano music. My husband and I each had a salad and shared the rib eye. Best steak I've ever had! We're from cincinnati, which boasts many fine steak houses, but none compare to the rib eye Bistro 17 serves. This was our first time here, and we will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mary B
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Wonderful Steak and Salmon”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Dined here for dinner on a Saturday evening Apparently Saturday is a "get settled in" day in Hilton Head so a reservation was not necessary. Beautiful setting on the water, indoor or outdoor seating available. Live piano music was a nice touch. I inquired about the salmon. I will only order salmon if it is wild caught as the flavor is night and day. Server was very knowledgeable - informed me the salmon was wild. It was wonderful - just as fresh and tasty as in Alaska! Would definitely order that again. We also ordered the special steak for the evening - Large Rib Eye.. Enough for two! The fresh bread they bring was delicious as well so don't pass on that. Too full for dessert but maybe next time as we will definitely return.

• Visited July 2014
seattle, wa
“The best meal we had in Hilton Head!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had a lamb chop special and my husband had the Steak Frites. I was so in love with the red wine reduction sauce on my lamb I wanted to lick the plate! My husbands Rib eye was enourmous and served as leftovers for lunch for both of us the next day. They even tollerated our fairly well behaved 3 year old!

Visited July 2014