“Fabulous dining experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro 17

Bistro 17
Ranked #18 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cold Spring
“Fabulous dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Although we were not celebrating any special occasion when we dined at Bistro 17 last night it felt like we were. The presentation was lovely, the food exquisite and the service excellent. We could not have enjoyed a better meal anywhere. The sampler appetizer was delicious. For the entree I had the rack of lamb and my husband had the mahi special which were both wonderful. When you eat here be sure to get dessert. We each ordered something different and shared. With coffee it was the perfect ending to a fabulous meal.

• Visited June 2014

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable meal, service and view of the marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal, service and atmosphere. We had a party of 11, including a few young ones. Our table was ready at our reservation time slot and we had a beautiful harbor view of the sunset. Very good wine list with reasonable prices and many 90+ point options. Generous pours for wines by the glass as well. The steak frites was most memorable with a huge bone-in ribeye and crispy frites. Brie appetizer was a hit. Our fourth time here over the years and as good or better than ever. Always on our must do list for every trip to HHI.

1 Thank RDWade
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“If you can't make an omelet and homefries, take it off the menu!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

5/25/2014, check number 525184921, server T___y.
I ordered the egg omelet with home fries. The omelet was loaded with bacon and greasy. The home fries were warmed over left over and also very greasy. I should have sent it back but didn't have time.
The iced tea was very weak and no ice and refills were done in a hurry with no chance to ask for more ice. (you couldn't have tasted the tea if you put ice in it anyway.)
Server was absent, no silverware to begin the meal when it was served.
If you can't make an omelet, then take if off the menu!
My wife had a seafood salad that was average. Apart from that it was a good meal for $35.00
I'm local and visit Shelter Cove often but can't recommend Bistro 17.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Bikerjm551
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Overpriced/Bad French Dip/Bad Service but Great View”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We dined here for lunch today and were completely disappointed. Was expecting more.

We started off our experiences with our server (a blonde lady with an accent who didn't introduce herself) was not very kind and had no personality. She brought us our waters not served with straws. We asked for straws and didn't receive those until almost the end of the meal. Forgetful. There was another blonde outside on the patio tables as well and good job for her service because she was attentive to her tables. Wish you were our server!

The salt and pepper on the table (as shown in pics) were in little bowls that anyone and everyone could stick their fingers in. Although cute- not very pleasant. Because right before I eat my food I want to think about how many hands have been all over the salt I just put on it. Or how many bugs have pooped in the pepper…..We asked for shakers and they didn't have any. Just brought us a spoon to spoon out the salt and pepper. That doesn't work if you don't keep them on the tables at all time because people are going to use their dirty germ filled fingers.

Our appetizer the Crab Cake and the whole reason we tried Bistro 17 was amazing. Very good-my compliments to the chef on that one and that one only. My husband and I both ordered the French Dip and were grossed out. The bread was so stale you had to soak it in the "AU JUS". The "AU JUS" was not really au jus but their french onion soup. The meat itself was dry and nasty. Everything was presented beautifully though. To bad the feral cat (who ate the rest of my food because I didn't want it…..couldn't appreciate the presentation)

Our server didn't check back on us in time to even say anything. Oh well- another restaurant written off thanks to bad service and overpriced food.

We would have tried you again for dinner because the view was AMAZING and ROMANTIC. So kudos on your location but if your service and most of your food sucks….well we won't be coming back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Dee5891
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Worst experience of a life time!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is the first time I have ever reviewed a restaurant, but I feel I owe it to fellow foodies in the Hilton Head area and our visitors. Our party arrived for our 7:00 reservation, on time, drink orders were taken and then we sat until 7:30 with no contact with our server. Seeing a server pass by, I got up from my seat and asked him to please ask our server to come to our table...we were ready to order. This man (owner/chef, Jim) went berserk! He insisted that he had just seated us and yelled, "Who do you think you are!!!??" Well, the entire patio of patrons was drawn to his uncontrolled ranting. My husband and our three friends all got up to leave and Jim said, "Don't let the door hit you in the a_ _ _ on your way out!" He then chased us down the sidewalk where passing people stopped us to find out what had happened. Jim said he had $5 bucks on the table that says you're from New York! We are NOT and I told him we are locals and would be certain to let as many people know about this awful experience. My husband put cash on the table for our drinks and Jim said,"I don't want your damn money!" Patronize this restaurant at your won risk. This was a very scary experience.

• Visited May 2014