“Best Bistro on HHI”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We never visit HHI without dining at Bistro 17 and it never disappoints. It attracts a congenial crowd, and we generally enjoy a chat with diners at the adjacent table. The staff is always welcoming. The menu is magnificent, and the food is artfully presented. I had the duck and it was so succulent. My family loved the perfectly prepared Steak Frites. And the desserts are worth the calories. The setting is serene and scenic, and the pianist adds to the delightful dining experience.

1  Thank Donna L
There are newer reviews for Bistro 17

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Given the location overlooking the marina and the bistro style outdoor seating, I bet this is a nice lunch venue. But for dinner, it was a bit of a miss for us. The meals were good, not great. What ruined it for us was an awful piano entertainer who should've retired his vocal chords 20 years ago. Plus, they couldn't make specialty coffees, which is a little odd for a "bistro."

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Tonight we had the best dinner that we have ever had on Hilton Head Island. The personal service by the owner and head chef was refreshing. He is a hands on owner and has great attention to detail. Service and atmosphere was delightful and a wonderful value for the outstanding quality dinner. I am already looking forward to our second visit to the outstanding restaurant, later this week.

1  Thank Bryce P
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This evening had another delicious meal at Bistro 17 -- consistently the best food, service, atmosphere, entertainment and value for your $$. We have had many meals here and as Head of our Social Committee for Crescent Creek in Sun City have held many "dine around's" at this delicious place and no one has ever been disappointed. Planning another as we speak. Cant wait to go back!!

1  Thank Ev S
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I stopped by Bistro 17 today for lunch, having eaten dinner there a couple of years ago and forgetting about it. Mistake. I had a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, which was excellent because it had no discernible mayonnaise that often ruins such a sandwich. In the place of french fries, I was offered the soup of the day, at no extra charge, which was a magnificent, creamy, squash soup. My wife chose the spinach crepe which came with a beautiful and tasty salad. She shared a piece of the crepe with me, and we both agreed that it was delicious.
The restaurant overlooks Shelter Cove Harbor, so the views both in all season are quite lovely.
This is a small restaurant with an attractive bar. We were told that there was entertainment every night of the week, from a classical and pop guitarist on Sunday night, to a jazz combo on Monday and Tuesday nights. The type of entertainment the other nights slips my mind.
Well worth it, guys.