“Lovely family dinner”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Eleven of us had dinner at this delightful restaurant on the waterfront. Very nice ambience and great views across the harbour. The food was excellent. The swordfish special was beautifully prepared. The crab cakes were delicious. Service was friendly, efficient and attentive.

There are newer reviews for Bistro 17

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Came in to Bistro 17 on wednesday night with my wife for our 30th anniversary and it was fabulous!!
As we approach the door a lovely young lady greeted us and sat us inside next to the piano(due to the occasion) then our waitress Susan came and introduced herself with a big smile and told us about the specials. We ordered a bottle of wine and our night started.
We started off with the mussels and a baked brie.Yummy!! Then my wife ordered the Snapper special and it was outstanding I ordered myself the rack of lamb medium and it was cooked to perfection. Mr J Samuels played for us and it was an amazing night. Sincerely recommend the place it was worth a trip and can't wait to come back.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would avoid this poor excuse for a bistro. The staff seemed more interested in smoking cigarettes and comparing tattoos than waiting on customers. After waiting for 15 minutes, our waitress (that had obviously not showered for a few days) asked what a Tom Collins was - then proceeded to bring a concoction that was not even close (by the way the drink cost $9.50). My wife and I perused the limited and over priced menu, and settled on a rubbery fish that resembled rotten squid.
Bad experience / not a bistro/ poor management/ I'll never go back

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great food, service, ambiance. Family friendly. Location good too. Waiter was very helpful, friendly. We arrived late but never felt hurried.

1  Thank mudiwasmommy
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Bistro 17 an excellent indoor/outdoor restaurant. Well worth a visit in a really nice environment. Several boutique type shops at varying prices. Have been going there for more than 20 years and always enjoy going back

1  Thank mjBinks