“We Can’t Wait to Return to Bistro 17”
Review of Bistro 17

Bistro 17
Ranked #30 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I’ve wanted to try Bistro 17 for several years when we’ve visited Hilton Head, but we have so may favorite restaurants there, it’s been hard to fit in. This year we finally ate there, and what a great experience!

The restaurant has a nice view of the Shelter Cove Marina. We had hoped to sit outside on the terrace. The weather wasn’t good, but our window table inside also had a nice view of the water and boats. The rest of the interior was charming. And we really enjoyed the live piano music.

Our server was wonderful. We loved the French bread. Our entrees and sides were outstanding. The chef did a nice job of accommodating my special dietary needs. The wine by the glass was excellent, and the pours were generous.

It was really fun to meet and converse with the owner, a fellow Iowan. Our only regret was that we couldn’t stay for dessert (they looked great) and more wine. (We had other obligations for dessert that night.) We’ll make sure we have dessert when we return next year. Bistro 17 is now one of our Hilton Head favorites.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

fantastic food, spectacular service...an entirely excellent evening. We will definitely be back again and again. The appetizer, salad and entree were outstanding.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a chance to visit this great little spot at Shelter Cove in Hilton Head and had one of the best meals and great service that we have had when dining out in this area. If you are over in the Hilton Head area, by all means go have lunch or dinner there!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Coming from New York City, we are accustomed to excellent food. We came down to HHI to stay with family who, as my wife and I, have never eaten at Bistro 17, and have dined at many great places. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed out Rack of Lamb and Wild Alaskan Salmon, as well as the salad, and dessert. My sister and her husband are regulars on HHI and said without hesitation that their dinner at Bistro 17 was the best they've ever had here. That spoke volumes to me. The food was excellent. The wine selection was excellent. The ambiance, service, food presentation, and the pianist were also excellent, as well as elegant. Bistro 17 is not by any means inexpensive, but as the adage goes, you get what you pay for! I'd highly recommend dinner at Bistro 17.

2  Thank davedd852
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Bistro 17 during restaurant week on Hilton Head. We really enjoyed both the food and the atmoshere, and have returned three other evenings with friends.
We have always had good quality of food, especially the salmon entrees and the french onion soup is one of the best on the island.
It should be noted that Michael performs every Mon., Tues., and Wed. evening. His music provides a perfect background for a nice dinner with family and friends. He plays a great acoustic guitar that doesn't overpower conversations with the people you are with. I loved his selections of soft rock, particularly his original compositions.
The atmoshere at Bistro 17 is very intimate and friendly. Jim the owner has always made us feel comfortable and very appreciative of our business.

2  Thank Michael G