“Great!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Lexington, SC
“Great!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Breakfast was great and is served all day. Had the western omelet and it was not greasy at all! Pancakes were great too!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank TheCups

Richmond, Virginia
“Nice greasy spoon”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Coney's resides in a strip mall on Polk Ave. I got recommendations from several places about the quality of the breakfast food, so my friend and I ventured out on a rainy Sunday and sampled two breakfast entrees at the top of the menu. My friend ordered the sampler, which included two eggs with bacon, a biscuit, with spicy sausage gravy. She balked at the gravy portion at first, but once she started, she thoroughly enjoyed the meal. I got the standard breakfast, three eggs, with bacon, hash browns and toast. All came out hot and wonderful. We enjoyed that simple fact, as the day before we had breakfast at the Sea Pines resort, where the eggs, potatoes and bacon were all cold. We sat at the counter, which allowed us to see our entrees being prepared. Nothing fancy here...just straight up home cooking.

The coffee was hot and wonderful. The service was good, the staff very friendly. and the place was full for most of the time we were there. The pancakes DID look scrumptious as we watched them being prepared. The kitchen is well organized and efficient, as our meals came out within five minutes of ordering. The bathrooms are clean.

This reminded me of the dozen odd places I have experienced in New York, a well oiled greasy spoon that pumps out decent breakfasts at reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank mr8tch
“Hit the spot! ”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

First time here and the Big Breakfast definitely hit the spot! It was more than enough to eat, not very expensive and Delicious! :)

2 Thank Smpadgett2
Maiden, North Carolina
“Best Pancakes I Have Ever Tasted”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We thought we might try Southern Coney after riding by on our bikes one day. It looked like the type of place we like to have breakfast. The special was Chunky Monkey Pancakes. Normally I don not eat pancakes but they appeared appealing. After the first bite I knew I would be back. The pecans, banana, and chocolate chips melded together for a terrific taste experience. The pancake batter itself was crisp and lucious. The sides were tasty. We returned two more times after our visit and plan to eat there again this coming week. Great service. Very good coffee.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Frank S
Buffalo, New York
“You Can Thank Me After...”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

.... trying the corned beef hash!!

All too often I go to a breakfast joint and their corned beef hash is mush.

Not the case here! Freshly diced potatoes, corned beef, onion, seasonings. Sunny side up eggs on top.

Drip, drip, drool!!

Go to Coney's, try the corned beef hash (with rye bread).

You will thank me!!