“A Nice Place to Stay on Hilton Head Island!”

Island Links Resort
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this resort several times over the last nine years. We traveled this year in off season and stayed in a spacious three bedroom two bath condos. The kitchen is large and well equipped and the resort staff is very friendly. Th living and dining room area is also large with ample seating for eight people. The unit featured free and fast Wi-Fi; CD and DVD players, and a large flat screen TV. The bedrooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are well lit and large. There is a large washer and dryer in the unit. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The drawbacks include limited access to staff because the offices close between 6 and 7 and there isn't enough parking. The ocean is on the other side of the highway, less than a mile walk or a very short drive.

We have also stayed in a similar unit with our children and their children. Worked well!

Room Tip: We like the corner units across from the pool and clubhouse.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia R
There are newer reviews for Island Links Resort

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very quick, friendly check in. The resort was compact and very clean. Its location put it near several beach access parks and also near many restaurants and shops.

Islanders, Folly, Driessen, and Coligny Parks provided beach access – Coligny Beach sunsets can be spectacular! Mitchelville and Fish Haul Parks also provided beach access and marsh boardwalks to observe shore birds. Coastal Discovery Center, Audubon Park, Beaufort, Hunting Island Park, Bluffton and Savannah provided more than enough activity to fill the week.

We were in Unit 340 Bldg 9 (construction on par with a major hotel) which is one of the 3 story buildings (elevator) and only about 5 years old. We were in a 3 bedroom unit (3rd floor) which was spotless with its own washer/dryer combo as well as a pantry for your kitchen supplies. The kitchen was very well furnished. Each bedroom had a TV as well as the den. There was also a DVD player and radio system for the den.

About half of the buildings were 3 stories like ours and the rest were 2 stories without elevators. The 2nd bedroom had a queen bed and a sleeper sofa while the 3rd had a queen bed.

The only negatives: the back of the unit faced Union Cemetery Rd which meant a lot of road noise if on the unit’s rear balcony (not screened), and the third bedroom was separated from the master bedroom by double doors which allowed sound between the bedrooms and thus not a lot of privacy. Noise from the road inside the unit was not a problem with the windows closed.

The Google satellite view of the resort gives a good view of the resort’s layout. Pictures on RCI are accurate. You can also get virtual tours of the resort, pool and rooms on:

The resort has a very nice pool setup with a hot tub and heated pool with part surrounded by a small lagoon with occasional herons, egrets and ducks. There is “do not feed alligator” sign although we did not see one. Activities were limited at this time of the year at the resort although HHI provides plenty of things to do. Most of our trips to HHI have been in late September or January as we enjoy the less busy times and we have never lacked for things to do. We lucked out with a week of mostly 60s and 70s for highs.

We would definitely return to Island Links. The 4+ rating by RCI members seems to be well deserved.

Room Tip: Buildlings 8 and 9 rear balconies are near a noisy road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gangin
Reviewed December 29, 2012

info: We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit. It's not really a 3 bedroom unit when the 3rd bedroom is hooked to the master suite by french doors. The master suite has no windows in it, difficult to know the time. By the way, the parking totally stinks. Oh yeah, I missed my refrigerator from home because it has water and ice in the door unlike my condo. The lighting must be energy bulbs because it is dimmmmmmmmmm in all the rooms. And the TVs in the condo were small and aged. I want my 50 some tv back.

The good things about the links: It is beautiful and has pools, hot tubs, trails to walk, horse shoe pits, golf, bikes, gas grills, exercise room, and the condo was very nice and clean. It was very quiet and cozy. The beds are average, missed my home bed. Furnishings were ok. Patio faced the woods and the grills.

I did enjoy the links, however, I don't think I would return to Hilton Head. Nothing is drawing me back to do over and over again. I rate this property good, but the area is not my cup of tea. I like more tourist type things and I feel Hilton Head is lacking that. There is way to much traffic and all the time. I did enjoy golfing with my son and some of the restaurants. The beach is ok, but nothing compares to the emerald coast.

I had a great time here and enjoyed the vacation as a whole. I just like to express the things that could have made it awesome if they were upgraded or changed.

Room Tip: Parking stinks! Hot tub was nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tayfromtenn
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here the week of Dec. 16, 2012 in a three bedroom condo. The condo was great. The beds slept well. Master bath had a whirlpool tub. Washer and dryer in unit. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. It is conveniently located on the island close to the beach and restaurants. Even though the evening temperatures were in the low 50's and 40's the outdoor hot tub was plenty warm and the heated pool was warm enough for a short swim. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank David B
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I spent Thanksgiving week here with my family. We had a 2-bedroom/2-bathroom until in building 4. The unit was very large! The only thing we found odd was the master suite didn't have a door leading to the bathroom. I was sharing the room with my mom, so it was just a bit strange.

The walking paths in the area are wonderful. It was a nice & easy walk to the beach from our unit.

Hilton Head Island is beautiful - we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently spent a week here; and despite the weather, had a lovely time thanks to the beautiful, immaculate and commodious home away from home. This is the best timeshare I have ever experienced and should be the litmus test for all others. The grounds were lovely with two pools and excellent landscaping. The directions and service was exemplary and the location was convenient as well for biking, shopping and access to beaches.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank valtravelCapeCodMa_
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a lovely stay at Island Links. The weather wasn't great for golf, pool, or beach time, so we spent more time indoors than expected. The rooms were spotless and in perfect condition. The two times we requested maintenance, they were there in less than 5 minutes. The pool looked lovely, but unused during our week. We found the location perfect for seeing the island. I'm a runner and the 1 mile run to get to the beach was the perfect warm-up. Catch the beach at low tide and you can run on smooth, firm sand as far as you can see. At high tide you only have the loose sand up in the dunes.

Our room had two bedrooms, two baths, a double jacuzzi, full size kitchen, large living room and everything you need for cooking ware. The bed was very firm...too firm for my taste. There was a washer and dryer in the room. They provided dish soap, dishwasher detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, and enough laundry soap for the first load. There is free wi-fi in the room,,,not speedy, but very adequate. We had a patio off the living room and a screened porch off the master bedroom. There were many clean, functioning gas grills nearby if you want to cook outdoors.

There are plenty of places to grocery shop nearby, as well as restaurants, a movie theater, and many miles of bike paths. You can arrange to rent bikes very cheaply by the week and they deliver them to your building and pick them up at the end of the week.

We have already recommended this resort to friends.

Room Tip: We were in building 7, room 129 and really liked the location. The view was of the pools, but not t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple