“Accidental Experience but Great!”
Review of Robert Irvine's eat! - CLOSED

Robert Irvine's eat!
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2010

My husband and I were trying to go some where else for dinner and it was closed. We ended up driving to the next nearest area, which was Wexford. We found Robert Irvine eat! We thought we should try it...We are so glad we did it was great! The service, the food and the atmosphere were all fantastic. The food was very creative and different then most other places we have tried on the island.
We had two tapas appetizers, a salad and split a entree and had plenty to eat.
The bar area takes you on a journey to NYC right here in HHI. TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed June 27, 2010

We had the good fortune to dine at Eat! last week while on Hilton Head Island. It had been an unusually long day, so we were just arriving for dinner at 9pm. The waiter was so sweet, and said he could still seat us. We (group of five ladies) had cocktails, and ordered five different tapas to pass and share. Every item was beautifully presented and tasted fabulously. We repeated our act with five different desserts. Every selection was better than the last. The decor was spectacular as well. Impressive glass chandeliers, comfy seating, beautiful tables and interesting wall photos surrounded us as well. Famous chef and owner Robert Irvine has quite a place. If you are in town, we highly recommend this place!

1  Thank mak5361
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My and husband and I were really looking forward to our meal at eat! I love Tapas and we are both fans of the Food Network. The interior of the restaurant is very attractive and the atmosphere is great. We did get a 7:00 pm reservation on Tuesday for 1/2 price Tapas Night. Upon being seated, we waited an extensive amount of time for a server. I actually had to get up and find a busboy to ask him to send our server to take drink orders. This is certainly not something I expect in this type of restaurant. We had trouble hearing our server and the restaurant was extremely hot. When the food was delivered we had no plates and my husband's beer was empty for over 10 minutes. After waiting several minutes I again got up from the table and had to found someone to let them know we didn't have plates and my husband needed another beer. The food was wonderful. Baked brie, tuna tartar, coconut shrimp, house grits, and beef short ribs were favorites. But, hands down the best dish was the cornmeal crusted oysters. At the conclusion of the meal I did ask to speak to the manager and after explaining our concerns he told me they were busy on Tuesday Nights and it was tough to keep up. I explained to him perhaps they needed to adjust their methods to accommodate their customers. He did offer free desserts but it was too little too late at that point. I'm hoping that by our next visit the customer service will be addressed because the food was wonderful.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

My wife and I had a 7 pm reservation and were seated by 7.15. We were a little put off by the fact that Robert irvines book was for sale at the checkin desk, but I guess that's part of a celebrity restaurant. Place was sophisticated and very non-beach like. it was also very hot inside.
Food was good. Definitely recommend half-price tapas Tuesday. Be sure you mention it - not sure our waiter would have. Baked Brie and fried green tomatoes both amazing. Short ribs very good. Shrimp and scallops just okay. I would go back, especially on Tuesday. We had 6 tapas plates, soup and a bottle of wine for 80 including tip.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

Okay, one would think that Robert Irvine from the Food Network would have his own menu/recipes. Before he bought Eat a very good chef created a menu and prepared the food. However, now that Robert Irvine owns it nothing has changed. I wanted to eat food created by Robert Irvine, not the same food, from the same menu, from the same chef.

1  Thank foodlover63