“Food & Service outstanding!”
Review of Robert Irvine's eat! - CLOSED

Robert Irvine's eat!
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughters, my mom, & I knew we had to have a meal at "eat!" during our vacation in Hilton Head. It surpassed our expectations by far. Our waiter was very attentive and extremely professional. We ordered two tapas to share and then all ordered a different entree....each and every one was superb. I had the Diver Scallops - they were the biggest and the tenderest scallops I have ever had. The ambiance is very warm and don't forget the desserts! We will definitely go back next year when we return to HH.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We went on Tuesday for 1/2 off Appetizers. You could make a meal out of the apps but we went for the scallops and the short ribs, both were delicious! Hint make reservations at least a week in advance. Also I read about the service and its true, very slow. We had a 7:30 reservation, checked in and went to the bar. The hosted walked by looking for another couple, a few minutes later called my cell that they couldn't find me, even though I just gave her my name when she walked by me at the bar. Now last year we stayed at the bar and ate giving up our reservation. If you do this you will get great service at the bar, your food will come out on time. This time we were seated ( at 7:55 to he exact)and it takes awhile for the waitress to come over. It takes time to get your drinks, food etc. Now I expect better service from Robert Irvine since he is a celebrity chef, but the food is worth the wait. Hopefully this review helps you to be prepared. Now enjoy Eat!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We knew we were going to eat here during our trip because we are big fans of Robert Irvine. When we found out that Tuesday is Tapas Tuesday, we were pumped! 1/2 priced tapas!

We ordered almost everything on the tapas menu and repeated a few!

We were with a child with allergies and our waitress was very accommodating!

We will be back!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our family group of 5 completely enjoyed our service and food. We ordered enough tapas for (I thought) about 10 people but not only did we eat everything but then added a couple of deserts! Absolutely recommended!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I will admit, after watching Chef Irvine be critical of many restaurants on TV, I had very high expectation of Eat! It met all expectations. We went on half price tapas Tuesdays. We got the Southern BLT Greens and the Deviled Eggs from the tapas menu. Both were excellent. I had the short rib and my wife had the scallops The short rib was certainly among the best, if not the best, short rib I have eaten. It was a good sized portion as well. My wife loved the scallops.

Watching the other tapas come out, you could easily make a meal out of a few tapas. The slider was two burgers that were good sized. On Tapas Tuesdays, it would be a really good deal to stick to the tapas. We were very glad we order entrees as well though so we could sample the main courses. They were really excellent!

For dessert, we had the sweet potato bread pudding with tabasco ice cream. Don't let the tabasco scare you off. It was not spicy but had a very subtle flavor in the background. It was awesome.

Our server, Tatiana, was friendly and knowledgeable on the food. She accommodated a substitution with no issues and offered suggestion to the menu. My wife also asked her about the artist that made the glass light fixtures in the restaurant and she knew the details on that as well.

We were told since it was the off season, restaurants wouldn't be busy. We called for a reservation anyway and we're glad we did. They only had a 5 pm and 8 pm time left. It was definitely full. It may have been because of the Tapas specials. If you really want to eat there, I would recommend a reservation just to be safe, based on our experience.

This will be a must stop for us any time we are in Hilton Head.

1  Thank runhappy