“The best!!!”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We visited this restaurant on october 2nd. We went for tappa tuesday, I made a reservation before we left on vacation. We arrived at 5 o'clock sharp and there was a line! Once they opened the door it went really fast. We were seated and I ordered a glass of wine. We started out with the brie smothered in carmel omg it was heaven! We then moved on to a pizza type appetizer and then the shrimp corndogs, marvelous. We finished off our meal with the sweet potatoe bread pudding with cinnamon, tabasco ice cream. It was truly the best dessert we ever had. My husband wanted to go back just for dessert. I am going to buy robert's cookbook and pray that the bread pudding is in there. Our waitress told us robert was coming in that night around 8o'clock. Wish I would have stuck around to meet him. (and get that recipie) hehe... So if you are in hilton head make a reservation and just go. I know the next time we go to hilton head we are dining there and trying the entrees.

There are newer reviews for Robert Irvine's eat!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went on a Tuesday evening and had Tapas. Since it was half off we were able to try much more than normal. It was super busy so we sat at the bar. Great service, food was amazing...try the duck wings-they come with a spicy pineapple side that is to die for! Mr. Irvine made an appearance and took pictures with guests and seemed to be really enjoying himself, not just making an appearance. Decor is very nice, not a jeans and t-shirt place for sure. I would suggest making a reservation in advance for the dining room, as we called the day of and were not able to get in. Bar area is first come first serve and still very nice. Make sure to save room for desert here. Although we didn't try the bread pudding that everyone raves about, we did have the pumpkin cheesecake and it was a perfect fall desert!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our first visit was in June 2011. The ambience and service surpassed all others on this trip. It seemed that the servers floated about their duties - not scurrying about. We are great fans of Robert Irvine. He indeed expects his staff to provide excellent service. I am glad I finally figured out how to give this review, although we spoke well of it to everyone we could.

We returned with friends in June 2012 - one of whom is an island resident who told us about Tapas Night. Again we had a great server and the staff still seem to float rather than scurry, no matter how busy they were. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We will return each year.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We always visit eat! for Tuesday half price tapas whenever we are in town. I am certain they have the best She-crab Bisque on the island.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

First time in Hilton Head, and we had heard a lot of good things about EATS! Decided to make reservations for "Tapas Tuesdays" night, as we had heard thru the grapevine that it is very popular, and hard to get in. Now we see why- Excellent restaurant, fantastic service, nicely and tastefully decorated, and the food was absolutely fabulous!
Our server, Jim, was just excellent! He greeted us immediately, made us feel very welcome to the restaurant, and also welcomed us to Hilton Head when we explained it was our first visit. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, made us feel comfortable and at home, and was able to answer all our questions about the food, the restaurant, etc. (and remember, this was also on one of their busiest days because of the special Tapa Tuesday night, but he didn't make us feel rushed or that he was too busy to be professional and helpful) He and the hostess and manager were also very accommodating when we asked to switch tables because of a back issue I have, and the booth would be more forgiving to my slipped disks.
Since tapas are half price on tuesdays, all night long, we decided to go for it, as we were staying in a time-share so all the leftovers could be used for the week. We started with the 3 types of deviled eggs, all delicious, and the very crispy and perfectly seasoned fried green tomatoes. YUMMY! Next we tried the gnocci with mushroom fondue and parmesan and the smoked chicken pizzetta with apple cream cheese and corn relish. Fabulous flavor, with interesting tastes being brought together- really enjoyed those! Next we sampled the shrimp corndogs and the prime beef sliders with brie. Again, all prepared with just the right seasonings, cooked to perfection, wonderful taste! My husband tried the cornmeal coated fried bacon, with hominy and black-eyed pea salad, (not my tastes), and he said they were VERY good. He also ordered the blackened snapper with tomato havarti grits and red pepper goat cheese coulis (sauce), as well as the "sizzled greens"for an entree. He said they were all FANTASTIC , cooked to perfection, and he esp was enjoying the greens because it was something that , as a true southerner who has had ALOT of greens, he had never heard or seen them prepared this way, and after the first mouthful of "hmm, interesting", he said the greens just suddenly melted in his mouth and then 'WOW! FANTASTIC!" He still is talking about those, wants to know HOW they were made! We enjoyed everything so much, and we ordered enough to cover lunch and dinner for the next 2 days, as we were going to be relaxing in the unit, and not going out and about, so lunch/ dinner is already ready! Also, at the last minute, I decided to order a slice of the Chocolate Ridiculous Cake "to go", (although, when it got to the table, I had to take 1 small bite as it looked so good.) Again, YUMMY, and a PERFECT ENDING to a fabulous dinner ! The layers had different textures, great icing, with maybe (guessing here),a chocolate cream cheese icing underneath the outer pure chocolate icing. Pure heaven, esp for a chocoholic like me, but not overly sweet or chocolately, just right, as was everything we tried.
Everyone at the restaurant was extremely helpful and friendly, and made us feel as though they really appreciated our visit, from the moment we stepped into the restaurant until we left. "Jenna", one of the runners, was just as sweet, friendly, and helpful as she could be as well, every time she came to the table, and we enjoyed visiting for a few minutes with her, as well as with" Tucker", also a helper there. We really were impressed with the entire staff, and noted that the other servers at the other tables appeared to be just as friendly and knowledgeable ( but, even when we switched tables, I wanted to be sure we kept Jim as OUR server- didn't want to lose him! )
Really a great find for us, and we will most definitely be back, and will be sure to bring our entire family here when we come back to Hilton Head again with them, as we want to be sure they also get to experience this restaurant and this great food! Definitely our new go-to choice!