“Beautiful and Very Tasty!”

Sweet Carolina Cupcakes
Ranked #3 of 8 Bakeries in Hilton Head
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We discovered this on a Culinary Tour. We're not sweets eaters but boy did we chow down on these! My husband had chocolate with orange butter cream frosting and I had chocolate with vanilla and peppermint. Beautiful to look at and wonderful to eat. If you like sweets, try this place.

2  Thank gareman
There are newer reviews for Sweet Carolina Cupcakes

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We visited Sweet Carolina's twice over vacation. The hot pink and lime green decor was fun and fresh, and the cupcake flavors were varied and unique. My husband and I had a really hard time making up our minds! We ended up choosing the Sweet Carolina (pink velvet with cream cheese icing), wedding cake (traditional almond cake with buttercream icing), and the next day, I also got a chocolate one that I think was like an almond joy (chocolate cake and coconut buttercream with chocolate drizzle and almonds). The wedding cake was moistest of all, and my favorite cake density out of the 3. The others' cake consistencies were somewhat drier but still quite good. Traditional Southern wedding cake is just dense and extremely moist by nature - if you've ever had it, you know what I mean. The icing was the star of the show for each, and the dollops are huge. You'll definitely need a fork and will love every moment of it. Sweet Carolina really knows what they're doing, y'all!

3  Thank Melody T
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Lots of promise when you walk into this shop. There are several everyday flavors and some daily specials. The cupcakes cost 3.50 each . The iicing is overly sweet and the cake batter is overly dry. The combination of the two makes for a disappointing experience. The store hours are limited which given the by the beach location in a touristy shopping
Center is puzzling.

3  Thank IluvHH
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Don't get me wrong.... these cupcakes were very good and moist. VERY sweet frosting, almost too sweet really. I found the price to be a bit high though. Of course, after going to Cupcake in Charleston, it's going to take a LOT to impress me, as theirs are the best by far that I have ever had. BUT... when in Hilton Head, and that sweet tooth starts screaming... I say go for it.

2  Thank LovesSavannah
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I'm not a big cupcake fan, but the frosting on these cupcakes is delicious. We've tried almost all of their varieties and I think I like the namesake Sweet Carolina cupcake the best. If you like cupcakes, you'll love these.

1  Thank Karen R