“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Skull Creek Boathouse

The Skull Creek Boathouse
Ranked #21 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hilton Head Island’s landmark, waterfront dining destination is The Skull Creek Boathouse. Located waterfront on Skull Creek, you’ll enjoy beautiful views whether you choose to dine indoors on the porch or fireside Dive Bar or outdoors on the waterfront deck. The outside Buoy Bar serves up colorful sunset views daily along with the freshest original drinks.So bring your family, bring your friends, bring yourself to Skull Creek Boathouse – One bite & you’re hooked!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

From the hostess to the wait staff, to the great food, this restaurant is one of the best places to eat on the island. Food was prepared quickly and perfectly. The atmosphere inside and out was excellent. They had things for kids to do while waiting, you could take a walk out on the boat docks, or just sit in an adirondack chair and admire the view. This place will be on our permanent list of places to eat each year at HHI.

• Visited July 2014

Ohio
“these guys can't weigh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

They said it was a pound of shrimp - it had to be a pound and a half or more.

What a great place.
The low country boil was delicious!
The shrimp & grits was delicious!
The sushi was delicious!

The night we went they had live music - fun place - long wait but look outside at high tops - they are 1st come , 1st serve.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
skullcreekboathouse, Owner at The Skull Creek Boathouse, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Very funny title:) We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us!
Detroit, Michigan
“Superb Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We arrived with our party of nine to find we had a 90 minute wait for a table, but only ended up waiting 50 minutes. Service was very prompt and efficient. We had Flounder Almondine, Snow Crab, Oysters, and steaks. Everything was excellent and it was one of the best meals we have had in a along time. The desserts were also wonderful. It was worth the wait.

“Dining Experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Out of all the restaurants online as we traveled to Hilton Head, I picked yours. We were greeted promptly and seated. I am a server at a very busy restaurant and my first impression of our server Mark M was not good. He didn't introduce himself that I remember. Asked what we wanted to drink, no suggestions were given. We asked about cold shrimp cocktail and he said you had that. Didn't ask if we wanted one we had to tell him, then he was waiting to take our order and we asked that he come back for that as it was our first time here. Brought our drinks, we asked questions about selections and proceeded to order. I chose the pick 2, shrimp and scallops fried and asked if I could sub a simple salad for the Cole slaw. He just pointed to the other sides that were listed. And I asked again about the sub and he rudely pointed to the same section in the menu. Didn't say I'm sorry we can't do that, but you can order one so I just said okay slaw. The manager brought us our appetizer and my husband asked about the sub of a salad and the manager said no problem. The server came back and rudely said the manager didn't understand about the salad, did I just want to order one, so I said yes and he turned to walk away and we had too catch him to say ranch for the dressing. Someone else brought the salad out and we continued with our appetizer and my salad. We needed another cocktail sauce and I needed another ranch and we watched Mark walk by 3 times to tend to his only other table not once stopping by ours. When we looked around he was sitting at a table in the other room. Another person delivered our food and we kindly asked him for the additional condiments he did so with no problem. About 15 minutes later our server finally returned to ask if we needed anything and my husband said no it was already taken care of, he sharply replied I'm SORRY I had a manager meeting. My husband then rudely replied back that's not a good excuse just don't come back. So other servers eventually came to take our plates but didn't ask about refill on my coffee. Then a sever came to see if we wanted dessert. Normally we would have said what do you have, but our experience thus far was horrible so we said no thank you. Paid our Bill and wrote on slip, since I didn't know if  we looked or what caused the server to act this way, 'It would have been a $10 tip or greater, but our server sucked! The food was great, but you need to work on the server's people skills!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ohio
“Good Food: Go Early to avoid the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went early before the BIG crowds (arrived just before 5pm). The food was good :) Wish we would have eaten outside but that can happen next summer! If you go late, be prepared to wait close to 2 hours. I've heard you can wait for the high top tables and seat yourself.

Visited July 2014