“Very nice, on the water”

The Skull Creek Boathouse
Ranked #18 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hilton Head Island’s landmark, waterfront dining destination is The Skull Creek Boathouse. Located waterfront on Skull Creek, you’ll enjoy beautiful views whether you choose to dine indoors on the porch or fireside Dive Bar or outdoors on the waterfront deck. The outside Buoy Bar serves up colorful sunset views daily along with the freshest original drinks.So bring your family, bring your friends, bring yourself to Skull Creek Boathouse – One bite & you’re hooked!
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went here for lunch our first trip out exploring the island. The crab cakes benedict were wonderful, the cakes just right & the eggs perfect. We also ordered the already peeled 1/2 lb of shrimp (18 or so) & the crab claws. Both were cooked right & service was great. There is stuff for kids to do right outside to keep them busy

Write a ReviewReviews (7,790)

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Best sunset on the island. Dinner was awesome too! Hope to make it back in the very near future with more time to relax and enjoy the day.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a recommendation to go over and try out Skull Creek, so we did. We thought that it wouldn't be crowded in May, during the middle of the week.... we were wrong. An hour and a half wait for a first available table. We went out to the outside bar and found two seats right by the water so decided to eat there at the bar. Great choice. The bartender was great, the other patrons were friendly and helpful. Fun place with a great view of the marina and Skull Creek. I ordered a sampler plate so I could check out a few things all at once. It was pretty average, stuff shrimp, crab cakes and scallops. Nothing great about the shrimp or crab cakes but the scallops were cooked perfectly. My wife had the Cobia and while a bit dry for my taste it still had a great flavor and topping (mango and pineapple salsa I think). So the food was fine, but go for the fun, the view and the people. I will definitely go back, I just need to be more selective on what I order. A very large menu so something for everyone.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We decided to stay in and cook for most of our week stay, but we went here on the recommendation of someone at the resort. It was a good choice for lunch. It is a very busy place, but they do a great job of getting everyone seated. Our server was helpful and attentive, and we never felt rushed. We appreciated that my husband was able to have the entree he wanted with fries instead of rice. My tuna was excellent and generous enough to take some home. The location on the water is nice, and there is outdoor seating.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

It was a rainy afternoon so we decided on a late lunch here and had a wonderful afternoon. The food was generous and delicious and the menu had lots of different offerings. Service was outstanding. Definitely will go back.