“Good choice”

The Skull Creek Boathouse
Ranked #20 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hilton Head Island’s landmark, waterfront dining destination is The Skull Creek Boathouse. Located waterfront on Skull Creek, you’ll enjoy beautiful views whether you choose to dine indoors on the porch or fireside Dive Bar or outdoors on the waterfront deck. The outside Buoy Bar serves up colorful sunset views daily along with the freshest original drinks.So bring your family, bring your friends, bring yourself to Skull Creek Boathouse – One bite & you’re hooked!
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We decided to stay in and cook for most of our week stay, but we went here on the recommendation of someone at the resort. It was a good choice for lunch. It is a very busy place, but they do a great job of getting everyone seated. Our server was helpful and attentive, and we never felt rushed. We appreciated that my husband was able to have the entree he wanted with fries instead of rice. My tuna was excellent and generous enough to take some home. The location on the water is nice, and there is outdoor seating.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,813)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

It was a rainy afternoon so we decided on a late lunch here and had a wonderful afternoon. The food was generous and delicious and the menu had lots of different offerings. Service was outstanding. Definitely will go back.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Big restaurant and menu. I'm not a huge seafood lover and can be quite picky but found something to please my palate. The scenery was my favorite part. Nice drink menu. Would recommend.

1  Thank Nitnylyin1
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised, tonight, to get some of the best fried seafood I have had. The shrimp, flounder, clams, and oysters were fried and wonderfully fresh. Our server, Rick Davis, was awesome and attentive. I highly recommend the Boathouse for a great night out. I got there at 5:30p and all of the outside seats were filled....on a Tuesday night, no less. The only thing that would have made this better is if we could have been seated outside near the river. Maybe next time.

1  Thank cgoethe
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Great place to enjoy the view. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Fried shrimp were perfectly cooked. My husband had tuna and ordered again on our next visit. You may have to wait but it will be worth it.