“Great everything”

The Skull Creek Boathouse
Ranked #21 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hilton Head Island’s landmark, waterfront dining destination is The Skull Creek Boathouse. Located waterfront on Skull Creek, you’ll enjoy beautiful views whether you choose to dine indoors on the porch or fireside Dive Bar or outdoors on the waterfront deck. The outside Buoy Bar serves up colorful sunset views daily along with the freshest original drinks.So bring your family, bring your friends, bring yourself to Skull Creek Boathouse – One bite & you’re hooked!
Los Gatos, California
“Great everything”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went in for diner Sunday night. Didn't have to wait too long for a table. Our server Dennis did a great job. I had the Triggerfish and my wife had the Alfredo pasta with fresh Tilefish witch he recommended. Both were fabulous. We cannot wait to return. Thank you Dennis and staff for making this a great night.

“Well done ”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

It was a wonderful dinner, enjoyed by everyone in our party of five. Portions were large and four of us were glad we shared which also was not a problem for the restaurant. The Grouper Imperial (grouper cooked in a mild sauce topped with crab) was excellent. 2 others shared the Low Country Boil and were more than pleased. Two of my group members were visiting from Florida and both said their food was much better than what they have been able to get there. I would definitely return to The Boathouse and would recommend it without hesitation. I also like that the atmosphere is casual and the restaurant is family friendly. Try the Grouper Imperial if you go. You won't be disappointed.

All over
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you are going to do seafood do it right”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I came to HHI for work and knew there were some must eats. The concierge at our hotel said go to the boathouse. They nailed it! Food was great, the patio on the water couldn't just added to the experience. Rick was our server and was a blast, coming from the west coast you look forward to some southern hospitality and that guys oozes it. If you can't figure out what you want ask Rick or just close your eyes and point... You will be happy either way!

1 Thank Bighank4
Toronto, Canada
“Great waterfront spot”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I was in Hilton Head for a week and went to the boathouse twice. It was a great spot to go with young family and friends. Food was excellent with the hush puppies and the shrimp and grits being my favourite. Good relaxing atmosphere to bring young kids. Definitely will visit again!

Visited October 2013
“Love the food and the vista, LOVED our server (Rick), but outdoor dining at sunset needs citronella candles!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our first time visitng- we're from out of town. The atmosphere, it was lovely. Beautiful old trees shade and canopy the deck- there's even a sweet little black cat that's very friendly! We were there for dinner overlooking the river at sunset- just gorgeous. We were seated promptly, even though it was a busy Saturday evening. Our server was Rick- he was FANTASTIC! Extremely knowledgeable about the menu, had excellent suggestions, and truly made us feel at home. He was unobtrusive but very attentive, as was the plethora of busboys that whisked away plates before we could lick them clean!
I had the mahi mahi (at the recommendation of the gentleman who seated us) and my husband had the bacon-wrapped BBQ shrimp. The mahi mahi was excellent, as were the fresh green beans- not so wild about the red rice. My husband really enjoyed his food- but the BREAD. The bread is amazing- buffalo chicken dip was really good too!
We did get eaten alive by gnats (or something), so I would recommend that you use some bug spray before walking in. Luckily, we were just about to leave as the bugs came out.
Overall, a great experience... Just without the bugs. Ask for Rick!!!

2 Thank ejchastain