“Super great drinks and food”

The Skull Creek Boathouse
Ranked #20 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hilton Head Island’s landmark, waterfront dining destination is The Skull Creek Boathouse. Located waterfront on Skull Creek, you’ll enjoy beautiful views whether you choose to dine indoors on the porch or fireside Dive Bar or outdoors on the waterfront deck. The outside Buoy Bar serves up colorful sunset views daily along with the freshest original drinks.So bring your family, bring your friends, bring yourself to Skull Creek Boathouse – One bite & you’re hooked!
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Boathouse was recommended by some of the locals. Our bar attendant's, Amanda, Ashlee and Phil were most attentive referring to us by our first names. As this was our first time in the area, it was a joy to be welcomed as if we had been there many times before. The appetizers were great and our dinner was served promptly and hot even though they were crowded on a Saturday evening. We will definitely return to the Boathouse on our next visit to Hilton Head. Thanks again Amanda for the great attention.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,741)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The sea food was good you received large serving I would make reservations as they get busy and you can have a long wait the bar is self seating and out side by the water.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Recently dined at Skull Creek and really enjoyed our meal. I am very particular about hush puppies and I have to say that these are right up there with my Mama's!! Order a basket, you will be glad you did. My husband got an appetizer of Oysters on 1/2 shell and said they were very good. We decided to split a shrimp low country boil (because I had eaten so many hush puppies). The amount of shrimp that came in this boil was incredible! Everything was flavored very well and we left full but not stuffed and miserable. The staff was very friendly and although very busy they were fairly quick and attentive.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My friends first got a pager and drinks and walked down the pier to take pictures as the sun was setting providing a fantastic setting. We made a buffet out of this restaurant. I got the Jambalaya and it was perfectly spiced and so good. The coconut battered shrimp was amazing and we enjoyed some sushi as well as the low country broil which is fun to eat with your hands as well. One of the best restaurants I've ever been to .

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went early as we heard the place fills up, and it does - for good reason. The atmosphere was traditional seafood, servers were attentive, and the food was great. The menu was fantastic - from a full sushi bar to traditional coastal seafood. If you are so inclined, go for the sunset - its amazing too. I can't believe it took us so long to find this place, but we'll be back.