“Amazing”
Review of WiseGuys

WiseGuys
Reserve with OpenTable
WiseGuys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cross street: Merchant Street
Bluffton, South Carolina, United States
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I went for a date night and loved it. Wed. they have bottomless bubbles( perfect for me). We had three small plates, meat and cheese plate, shrimp and calamari and chicken and waffles, all were amazing. Lisa was our server and she directed us to what she thought we would enjoy. Definitely a great place with amazing food... FYI my husband is super picky and he loved his food!

• Visited October 2012

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Used to be great......”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The menu has gone through lots of changes with each new executive chef. It usually gets worse with each change. The champagne Wednesday ladies night special with $10 bottomless Champagne is the deal of the century but the food has become a little eh. Not to mention, over the course of one summer, the service has become just laughable. Experienced servers who I once loved now slack off and clearly give more attention to older, larger groups. One server refused to write our order down for 6 people and not surprisingly messed it up and tried to blame us for confusing her. Another time the same server brought us bread but no butter and we couldn't find her for 15 or so minutes to request some. Servers are spending less time at tables and more time who knows where. The bus boys and girls and food runners have proven to be more helpful then the servers themselves. The manager is great, Gary I believe, but something needs to be done about staff. Sam and tr are great though, ALWAYS. Also, the new menu is completely unoriginal now. Baked Brie in a puff pastry? That is on every menu on the island now, as is most of their "new" menu items. The old Brie that was crusted in crushed almonds and flash fried, that was actually something different, not the same thing you see on every menu. Mushroom risotto also wasn't anything to write home about when I tried the new menu items. Bland and boring. I mostly just go for the atmosphere and champagne now, it's not worth it otherwise.

Midland, Michigan
“Not so wise, guys”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Last night for our first night on HH we decided to go to a place we had visited last June and fell in love with. I made reservations and was glad when we arrived, the place was packed. We were taken to our seats quickly in the very attractive back room. That was the last thing that happened quickly. We arrived at 7:30 pm for a salad and soup. Our waitress was nice and she was trying, but there are big problems in kitchen. We ordered wine...glasses were brought....finally wine arrived and waitress is gone. Time passes, we flag another waitress to find ours. She comes and we order. Takes forever for soup to be brought out?? We ordered She-crab soup. Don't make the same mistake. I look forward to having this every year. This is canned
SALTY gargle. Waitress came back to ask how we liked it. I said it is way too salty. She agreed and said everyone said that, but she liked salty food. Ok. Then the wait began for salads. It was now after 9pm. Salad arrived they were good, but by now we wanted out of there. Our server knew things had gone south at this point and gave us a 25% discount. Big deal. There are so many GREAT restaurants on the Island that we have visited over the last 22yrs, I think you can skip this place and be okay.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Melanieann
Okatie, South Carolina
“Great food, service :(”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First Time to visit, wasn't sure what to expect as far as "small plates" were concerned.
Should have ordered one of the Flat Breads with a salad. I ordered a "petite" salad and
it was enough for two !!!! Took my entree home with me. The lady serving us, was in
LaLa land. Since it was our first time there, we didn't know to expect a bread basket, etc with
our salads. When I asked her about the bread baskets everyone else had, she said "I
didn't bring you one". Noooooo you did not. But all in all the food was excellent. We will
go back, but will sit in a different section. :)

• Visited September 2012
“Don't bother unless you are a "local" & incompetent staff”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I dined here on the strong recommendation from the concierge at our time share. The food was good, but we would never return based upon service and overall dining experience. We were given a very tepid greeting at the door and it pretty much went down hill from there. We decided before dinner to have a drink at the bar. The bartender proceeded to serve me one of the worst Gibson's I have ever tasted, but my husband did enjoy his Martini. Once she determined that we were not dining at the bar, we were no longer a focus of her attention. We had to try to call her over quite a number of times in order to close out our bill-she could not be bothered. Our server for our meal was nice, but completely disinterested in us and did not appear to know or understand the menu. She was able to write down your order and return with the food requested, but that was all. When I asked how a dish was prepared, she replied "that it was good"-end of story. One of the side dishes to my entree was truffled fresh fries and she asked me if I wanted ketchup. We watched at another table (with a different server), while this server shook the bottle of wine vigorously to aerate the wine. Personally we have never seen this and I'm not sure if this is a proper wine etiquette, but just not seem right to me. We watched while the manager greeted guests at "certain" tables, but walked by us at least six times and never spoke with us at all. The "certain" tables appeared to be regulars and I can understand that he would want to cultivate these relationships. BUT, this is a vacation destination and so there are also a number of guests who would not be from the area. We did complain to the hostess and our server about our treatment at the bar. It was not until we were leaving and explained to another hostess on our way out that when we returned to our time share we were going to advise the concierge to not recommend this restaurant, that we received some attention from the manager. He did follow us outside and let us know that he had not been aware of our complaint until just then. I have no way of knowing if that is the truth, but it was too late at that point. Good food, but if you are looking for a special occasion and great dining experience, don't come here. The quality of the food does not make up for the wait staff and managements indifference and incompetence.

• Visited September 2012