“Decent stay.”
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Ramada Hilton Head
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was visiting a friend and his family for a few days, and needed a cheap place to sleep at night, and this place did the trick.

The good- The price- got a good deal on priceline. Parking is easy. The place is right off 278 which makes it convenient, and places close by to eat. Front desk staff is friendly, and the place seems pretty safe. our room was clean as well.

The not good- Our key stopped working half way through our trip, which was an inconvenience when you have a hand full of shopping bags in your hand and have to walk all the way around to get your key reactivated. I had a tough time staying connected to their wifi, which Im not even sure was theirs. Although the room appeared clean, it had a very strong musty smell that I could not get rid of. The worst part- Going to get breakfast and they were completely out of all the hot food items. No eggs, no sausage, no biscuits, while the breakfast attendant hid around the corner in her little room and would only peak her head out when someone requested the coffee be refilled. Was not a good start to my morning.

Overall I had a decent stay. The price was right. I just recommend going to breakfast as soon as it opens or be prepared to be hungry.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
MinaBhakta, Manager at Ramada Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. As a seasoned TripAdvisor reviewer we certainly take a great deal of interest in your review. I am pleased that overall you had a good visit to the hotel. We have noted that we need to have more help in the breakfast room and have added a helper during busy days . We would love to see you again

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My room had black mold, holes in the walls, peeling paint, and old furniture. The only reason we stayed is there was nothing else available with it being a holiday weekend. The room key had to be reprogrammed daily. The only plus is this hotel served a decent breakfast with many options.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mistydthomp

I am terribly sorry there were some issues during your visit to our hotel. I am sure you were terribly uncomfortable with the room condition. I will be reaching out to you via traditional channels to see if we can make this right for you! We will be completely renovating this place in few months and have already started the work . Thank you for writing a review.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Save yourself the headache and spend your hard earned money elsewhere!!! We made a reservation for a suite and called two days prior to our arrival to double check our online reservation availability, and were told yes our suite will be available. We arrived July 4 and there was pure chaos in the lobby. Many other customer's had issues as
well with their room/reservation. Six of us
stuffed in a room with 2 queenbeds.
The manager Mina is a crook, please do not waste your time booking here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank lesa l

We are converting this hotel to Ramada . It used to be Quality Inn .I had explained to you that I do not have access to the reservations that were made through Quality Inn system and when there is a busy weekend like 4th of July weekend, there were some guests who had made reservations long time ago and were never informed about the change of the brand and when they arrived at the hotel We tried to accommodate everyone and we did give you one complimentary room next day when we had availability. I am terribly sorry for all the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for the night after seeing a coupon in one of those free travelers guides. At $80 we thought we would get a decent room , especially after we were told it was part of a Ramada chain. A brown stained wash cloth met me in the shower while my husband discovered the stench in the room was coming from bags of unknown substances in the night stand. Got our money back , traveled down 95 a little and for a few bucks more stayed at an amazing Hampton Inn

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Jamie C
MinaBhakta, General Manager at Ramada Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2015

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are currently undergoing renovation and I noticed in your review you stated you had stained clothes. I would like to let you know we have recently changed all linen and towels. Here at the Ramada we strive to make all of our guests experiences enjoyable and I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff and myself for your stay not being up to par. With the knowledge that we are under renovation I hope that you will reconsider your views on our hotel and give us another chance later on down the road. Once again thank you for your constructive review.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I travel first time to This place and I found this property which can truly save some money on my Vacation. I am impressed with everything about this property. It is Super Clean and Staff welcomes me with smile every time I come inside or go outside . They guide me about all places need to spend time on vacation. I will recommend all traveler this place to make perfect vacation plan.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank VictoriaLanett l
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is by no means the Hilton or a Grand Resort, but its a nice, clean, and comfortable establishment that my Husband and I enjoyed during Memorial Day weekend 2014. There is an Applebees onsite and a Burger King across the street which is really helpful when you want a quick meal and don't want to drive anywhere. Wal-Mart is also directly across the road in case you forgot something. I agree with some of the other reviews that the elevator stinks, the cleaner they use is overpowering and smells cheap. The continental breakfast was just ok. Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice, and coffee. The attendants that work in that area were very nice and accommodating.
The location is right off of William Hilton so its en route to everything. When we arrived check in was fast and the attendant was nice. We were in room 217 and when we entered it smelled like bleach which makes me feel good about the sanitation measures. We always bring Lysol wherever we go but as we sprayed the room down it appeared very clean. Someone else mentioned they had an old 80s style TV but we had a Vizio flat screen. We had adequate towels, the sheets were clean, tub/shower was clean and looked remodeled.
One minus is that the walls are thin. Every night the guys next to us came in late laughing and talking and we could hear it well.
The maids seemed to be there all day around the floor so anytime we needed more towels or extra of something they were very nice and obliged.
Its about a 15 minute drive to the beach if you avoid the tolls on Cross Island Parkway and the parking was free. There were plenty of nice restaurants close by and 2 Tanger Outlets.
We enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MRSVICTORY
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Cons: So-so clean rooms, elevator smells like urine, 1980s/90s style TVs, wifi weak when it's available, overall a bit dingy.

Pros: Low cost, decent free breakfast.

I wouldn't stay here again, but if you just need a cheap place to sleep a HH for 8 hours it might be an option.

• Stayed: May 2014