“Praises for the kitchen and Rosie” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Ramada Hilton Head
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Dallas, Texas
“Praises for the kitchen and Rosie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I checked into the hotel to be greeted by a rather obnoxious assistant manager, Michelle. She was very rude and in a bad mood which reflected greatly on your establishment. The rooms were not very clean and the television sets are outdated.
On the other hand, Rosie in the café was running around trying to keep up with all the guests. She was extremely kind and her customer service skills are beyond any that we have experienced. This girl is great. She had a smile for all her guests even though she was too busy to even stop. This hotel needs more employees that have half the customer service skills she has. She is a real gem. I hope that she is being paid well. Her kind of service is hard to find anywhere. Thank you, Rosie, Karen from Dallas, Texas

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had a ground floor room behind the office that was spacious and clean. Frig, microwave and big screen tv were provided. It was raining and gloomy during my stay which seemed to be reflected in the front desk employee when I checked in, however the lady who checked me out was very friendly. Price of room was reasonable and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Behind office
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank kythoro
Salem, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Rose in Hospitality is visible, smiling, and keeps everything moving smoothly for weary travelers while she serves everything we need for breakfast. Very hospitable and kind to everyone. You don't see this at other hotels.
Glenda in Housekeeping is very pleasant and very attentive to any request. She smiles and is willing to help within her responsibility. We look forward to her making our week's stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the court yard
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Edmund D
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here during a conference. Chose this hotel as the host hotel costed a lot more! Although it's not beach front, it's close enough. The room was very nice and so was the service. I didn't really take part of any amenities, but I'm sure they were just fine as well. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Derrick N
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Feb. 5th due to the death of my mother. When I checked in around 11:30 pm on the 5 th I paid for 1 nights stay. I found out the next day they not only charged me the 1 night $61.99 they also charged my debit card an additional charge of $123.98 which was an unauthorized charge to my card. I went to the front desk and spoke with Michelle, the Assistant General Manager who said it was an error and called my bank to release it. The charge fell off but on Friday came through again and was taken out of my account. I live 210 miles from Hilton Head and stayed there due to the unexpected death of my mother. On Saturday, the day of her funeral, I went back to the front desk and explained to the attendant that the $123.98 charge had posted to my bank account and that I did'nt have a lot of money and I needed the unauthorized charge to be refunded to me. She called Michelle, who was extremely rude to me and said she had done all she could do and was unwilling to do anything else. She even called my room and said she had spoke to her General Manager Sean and he agreed with her that they had done all they needed to do. Funny thing to me Quality Inn had my money not the bank and the bank would not have taken the money out if they had not requested it. I'm still out $123.98 as they have still not refunded the unauthorized charge. In addition to this problem, the room was nasty, there were loud vehicles in the parking lot during the night, the remote control did not work and we sent it back to be fixed three times and finally gave up. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. The customer service was unacceptable expecially dealing with a problem that I didn't cause and should have never had to deal with during such a difficult time for me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Sunshine7500
Severna Park, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We visited the area to celebrate the 100th birthday of my wife's great aunt, so arrangements were "made for us".
This hotel is in terrible need of an update or a tear down and rebuild, the coffee maker in the room didn't work, the TP holder fell off of the wall, there were ants in one of our groups room, and then the icing on the cake was when our neighbors decided to have a party and fish fry in the hotel room next to ours and on the sidewalk in front of our room.
We complained to management, but all we got was oh we apologize; the apology did not make the stink go away nor did it remedy the noise outside that kept us awake.

Room Tip: Do not stay on "back side" of hotel, it is where the local's come to smoke their smoke...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ralph P
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Not an easy hotel to find! Located off a main road on a side road, that you can miss if not careful.
This hotel has the office and breakfast room in a building completely seperate from the room tower.The registration process could have been a little faster.
After you register, you will leave the office area, being very careful to listen to the directions to the rooms.
Parking consists of a parking area under the room tower, as well as parking outside adjacent to the inside parking.
Baggage carts are limited, so get opne early.
No refrigerator or microwave in the room was inconvenient.
Most rooms view a jungle or the parking lot.
Breakfast was continental and fairly well tended.
All in all, not a bad hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple