We stayed here for three nights - almost switched to Days Inn, but reviews of that weren't great.
It's a older property but not a bad one. For $84/night (before taxes and fees) it seems way overpriced. It is on the north side of the island and a few miles away from almost anything (other than "Main Street"). Days Inn and Red Roof Inn I believe were cheaper and more centrally located.
We checked in with no problems - the room seemed clean. There was no noticeable smell to it. The walls have been repainted tons of time giving it an interesting texture. The only issue we had was no toilet paper in the bathroom, which the desk took care of. There was one bulb in a lamp that was dead, and one that was very flaky, but didn't bother us enough to say anything.
The beds were comfortable in my opinion. I usually hate hotel beds, but slept very soundly on these.
The TV is a CRT, no biggie - just saying. Oddly enough they had a June flyer for HBO in the room, but could not find it in the channels. Almost every outlet in the room had something plugged into it, which was an issue for all the USB chargers and my cpap, so several things were unplugged to make due.
The AC units seemed to have a condensation run-off issue, the result being you were dripped on going up the stairs. However, the AC in the room worked great, which in SC in the summer is nice!
The breakfast was typical but good - waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, danishes, coffee, and a few other things. Had to ask if the sausage gravy was homemade - was told it was canned.
Everyone from the front desk, to the breakfast crew to housekeeping were nice. The first floor has rocking chairs out front which was a nice touch.
The pool was closed most of the time we were there as a previous guest seemed to have confused it for the bathroom (ew). The area was fine, felt safe. There is an Applebee's on the property, with a 10% discount, a Burger King across the road (easy to walk to) and a Wendy's across the highway (not walkable).
I'd stay here again, but would most likely try to find a better deal if I could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at the Ramada we strive for excellence. This excellence will be seen not only at our front desk with our fast and easy check-in but also within the rooms. Our rooms are always kept clean and smelling fresh. We look forward to meeting every single one of our guests and making their vacation stay feel as if they are in their own beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Hilton Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Hilton Head Hotel Hilton Head
- Quality Inn And Suites Hilton Head
- Quality Inn Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Quality Inn