New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Summerville, South Carolina, USA
“Quality stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have stayed here many times and the rooms are always clean and no problems with any of the furnishing. The staff has been wonderful. The motel is within walking distance of several restaurants. It is always quiet around the motel. They have a pretty good selection for breakfast, better than others I have stayed in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Poppafire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We thought we found a nice and inexpensive chain hotel in fancy Hilton Head from the pictures for a night's stay while looking for retirement homes. The reception we got was barely a hello, and the desk staff people were dressed sloppily and that gave me my first hint. I could barely get them to tell me where the room was located. Very disinterested people. The room they gave us, and it wasn't busy, was next to the vending machines on the first floor - oh, and the ice maker didn't work. Stains on the carpet, a bathroom door that wouldn't close all the way, and a refrig that was warm. Beds okay, but old television and the internet access was minimal- not worth trying to get online it was so slow. We didn;t bother for the "breakfast" in the morning. We hightailed it out of there and found a real restaurant for breakfast - we didn't have any expectations for Quality Inn food, so we aren't judging that. Now I see why this place was not busy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank swneilso
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is my second review of this property as we were also here six months ago. We had a three night get-a-way with two grand kids. The motel is older but is clean, offers a GREAT breakfast, and is in a convenient location. This is not a four star hotel, but their prices are excellent for what you get. Service is going to vary as staff turn-over tends to create challenges, but the staff was very helpful and responsive to our requests. We had a two-room suite that gave us lots of room and a nice kitchenette. Wal-Mart is located directly across the street, so we took full advantage of the kitchenette and saved even more! Don't expect the Hilton, but smile when you get the bill! :)

Room Tip: If you have four or more, reserve a two-room suite and thank me later! Keep the A/C or heater fan r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lake Milton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was impressed with the entire stay. The staff from manager to desk clerks to housekeeping was helpful and very friendly and kind. The room was lovely, well equipped and clean. Breakfast was well prepared and a good variety. I had a pet with me and we had a great stay. The price was very reasonable and I was close to both Bluffton and the activities on the island. I would definitely stay here again. The white rocking chairs at each door on first floor made the whole place look inviting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Augusta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Upon check in the desk clerk booked us a room for 2 nights but after giving us our room cards realized the room was only available for 1 night. After going back and fourth she realized she did not have a room for 2 nights. So we decide to go somewhere else. We asked for paperwork showing we were not charged for anything and she assured us no transaction had occurred so no charges would be charged.....BIG MISTAKE! The next day I saw charges on my online bank account. Called and got the run around....she assured us AGAIN that it would automatically revert off the account......WRONG! 5 days later after going through 2 RUDE, SARCASTIC managers ...no results. We talked to our bank and they told us that our account Definatly had a charge on it and it would NOT automatically revert off. The hotel would physically have to remove charges. Well still no help with the RUDE managers I called the Quality Inn head quarters and made a formal complaint and was told the big wheels would take care of it. So do not give them your credi/debit card until you know absolutely you are staying but if I were you I would keep traveling about a mile on down the road to the Hampton Inn. Very very nice, reasonable rates, out if this world breakfast bar(included) and very nice employees!

Room Tip: Hampton Inn leave this place!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Melinda S
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Am in room on first floor all the way in the back right now and I can barely breathe from the crappy air. My nose is stuffed up, and my son, husband and I are apparently allergic to something in the room as we are sneezing (in january). few Hairs and bit of blood on sheets, asked for new sheets for both beds, got one set, was told the maintenance man would bring the other set--- never did. The tub fills up with water when taking a shower. Looks superficially clean but is scuzzy. Rugs are soooooo worn out. And yeah as previously mentioned contractors who are building whatever stay here at this place and there are creepy guys always staring at me and my kids. Abd taking up all the damn parking spaces too.

Would never ever stay here again. Only reason we stayed was because husband was asked to give a lecture for a group here in Hilton Head. They put him up here. Can't wait til morning so we can take our kids and leave. So disappointed that this dump is in Hilton Head. I expected better from HHI.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Jennifer K
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Although this hotel may not have all of the ammenities of some of the large resort hotels it did offer the one ammenity I love. Cusotmer service. The rooms are your average hotel room, but you are greated with a smile a warm conversation. My wife and I stayed at another property on the island that was considered a resort property owned by the same company but to be honest we were both treated much better by the staff at the Quality Inn. From the moment I stepped into the office to the time I checked out I felt invited there. Thank you to the staff as we are moving to this area and will encourage all that come down that we don't have room for to stay with you all there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business