“Pleasant surprise!”
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Ramada Hilton Head
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was impressed with the entire stay. The staff from manager to desk clerks to housekeeping was helpful and very friendly and kind. The room was lovely, well equipped and clean. Breakfast was well prepared and a good variety. I had a pet with me and we had a great stay. The price was very reasonable and I was close to both Bluffton and the activities on the island. I would definitely stay here again. The white rocking chairs at each door on first floor made the whole place look inviting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Upon check in the desk clerk booked us a room for 2 nights but after giving us our room cards realized the room was only available for 1 night. After going back and fourth she realized she did not have a room for 2 nights. So we decide to go somewhere else. We asked for paperwork showing we were not charged for anything and she assured us no transaction had occurred so no charges would be charged.....BIG MISTAKE! The next day I saw charges on my online bank account. Called and got the run around....she assured us AGAIN that it would automatically revert off the account......WRONG! 5 days later after going through 2 RUDE, SARCASTIC managers ...no results. We talked to our bank and they told us that our account Definatly had a charge on it and it would NOT automatically revert off. The hotel would physically have to remove charges. Well still no help with the RUDE managers I called the Quality Inn head quarters and made a formal complaint and was told the big wheels would take care of it. So do not give them your credi/debit card until you know absolutely you are staying but if I were you I would keep traveling about a mile on down the road to the Hampton Inn. Very very nice, reasonable rates, out if this world breakfast bar(included) and very nice employees!

Room Tip: Hampton Inn leave this place!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Melinda S
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Am in room on first floor all the way in the back right now and I can barely breathe from the crappy air. My nose is stuffed up, and my son, husband and I are apparently allergic to something in the room as we are sneezing (in january). few Hairs and bit of blood on sheets, asked for new sheets for both beds, got one set, was told the maintenance man would bring the other set--- never did. The tub fills up with water when taking a shower. Looks superficially clean but is scuzzy. Rugs are soooooo worn out. And yeah as previously mentioned contractors who are building whatever stay here at this place and there are creepy guys always staring at me and my kids. Abd taking up all the damn parking spaces too.

Would never ever stay here again. Only reason we stayed was because husband was asked to give a lecture for a group here in Hilton Head. They put him up here. Can't wait til morning so we can take our kids and leave. So disappointed that this dump is in Hilton Head. I expected better from HHI.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Although this hotel may not have all of the ammenities of some of the large resort hotels it did offer the one ammenity I love. Cusotmer service. The rooms are your average hotel room, but you are greated with a smile a warm conversation. My wife and I stayed at another property on the island that was considered a resort property owned by the same company but to be honest we were both treated much better by the staff at the Quality Inn. From the moment I stepped into the office to the time I checked out I felt invited there. Thank you to the staff as we are moving to this area and will encourage all that come down that we don't have room for to stay with you all there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here solo in December for business. In the off-season hotel mainly full of contractors who were renovating the Westin in Port Royal and a few families. I stayed here frequently in 2006 and it had busy contractor customer base then also. Rooms updated with nice TV. Breakfast improved with addition of eggs, sausage and waffles. Lady that ran the breakfast room really hustled. I found it interesting to have breakfast with the contractor crew and discuss what they were doing. Internet signal was fine, TV had 2 ESPN channels, water pressure and temperature all good.

Older property, bedding improved from before. I had room on 1st floor which had a bit of exterior noise when the folks returned from a long day, but nothing bad. Next time may ask for upper level. Main Street complex next door offered good meal at Frankie Bones with friendly bartenders. Really enjoyed that.

If you're going to spend a lot of time in the room or complex this is probably not going to float your boat. If you are looking for an operational base at a very reasonable rate this should suit you just fine.

Room Tip: 1st floor a little noisy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank seasonal-jamaican
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This motel is in an excellent location for many of the great golf courses on Hilton Head. It is a little rough around the edges, but I would stay there again without a problem. It may not be a best place to try to impress your wife....

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if possible..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wwherndon
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had to find a place to stay due to a death in the Family, and I found a great deal online for this hotel. I stayed there with my mother. We were shocked at how nice it was for the price and we were not expecting it. The room was nice and well apppointed. It was also very clean.
The property had a lot of charm, although it was an older place. The staff was nice, efficient, and very helpful. Even the breakfast provided, which was not necessary, was very good. I cannot imagine another place in Hilton Head being as nice as this for the price. I actually enjoyed my stay enough to want to go back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family