“Improved from before--gets the job done!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Ramada Hilton Head
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
great falls, va
“Improved from before--gets the job done!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here solo in December for business. In the off-season hotel mainly full of contractors who were renovating the Westin in Port Royal and a few families. I stayed here frequently in 2006 and it had busy contractor customer base then also. Rooms updated with nice TV. Breakfast improved with addition of eggs, sausage and waffles. Lady that ran the breakfast room really hustled. I found it interesting to have breakfast with the contractor crew and discuss what they were doing. Internet signal was fine, TV had 2 ESPN channels, water pressure and temperature all good.

Older property, bedding improved from before. I had room on 1st floor which had a bit of exterior noise when the folks returned from a long day, but nothing bad. Next time may ask for upper level. Main Street complex next door offered good meal at Frankie Bones with friendly bartenders. Really enjoyed that.

If you're going to spend a lot of time in the room or complex this is probably not going to float your boat. If you are looking for an operational base at a very reasonable rate this should suit you just fine.

Room Tip: 1st floor a little noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank seasonal-jamaican

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Covington, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This motel is in an excellent location for many of the great golf courses on Hilton Head. It is a little rough around the edges, but I would stay there again without a problem. It may not be a best place to try to impress your wife....

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if possible..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wwherndon
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had to find a place to stay due to a death in the Family, and I found a great deal online for this hotel. I stayed there with my mother. We were shocked at how nice it was for the price and we were not expecting it. The room was nice and well apppointed. It was also very clean.
The property had a lot of charm, although it was an older place. The staff was nice, efficient, and very helpful. Even the breakfast provided, which was not necessary, was very good. I cannot imagine another place in Hilton Head being as nice as this for the price. I actually enjoyed my stay enough to want to go back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CJ A
Edisto Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff at this particular hotel has really gone out of their way to make my stays more comfortable / enjoyable. I have stayed at this motel ( the Quality Inn at 200 Museum Ave. Hilton Head Is., SC 29926) about 25 to 30 nights over the past 6 months. Their staff, specifically Michelle , Matt and Angie, have been awesome! They know me by name, know which room is my favorite and try to accommodate me and my quirks, whenever possible. For example, Matt and Angie know that I usually come straight to the motel to check in after I get off work late at night and before I go out for diner, and that I really appreciate their having a chocolate chip cookie available. Michelle knows that I need two receipts, so when I check out, she prints up 2 copies for me without my having to ask. Michelle is often there in the morning and Matt and Angie are there at night (when I always check in). However, on one evening when Michelle was on duty, she actually called my room about 5 minutes after I had checked in just to make sure that everything was satisfactory! (The previous visit I had voiced a complaint about the TV not working). I really do appreciate their going the extra mile to provide me with such excellent service! Although there are other motels which are a little less expensive and located closer to where I work at Hilton Head, I choose to stay at this location because of the excellent service.

Room Tip: I've stayed in several of the rooms over the past 6 months. They all have had good firm mattress...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank William M
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is an older motel, but the property is well kept. The pool is great for the kids as well as the putting green! The breakfast is very good with fresh bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries, juices, and other items. What's not to like! You would pay at least $7 each for breakfast at a restaurant per person. Apply that to the very reasonable cost of the room and you have a terrific value!

Room Tip: You can request a roll-a-way bed for additional sleeping space for kids!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel offers clean rooms, a great breakfast and a staff that goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. It is by far the best value on the island. Don't let other reviews influence you, decide for yourself. Stay here one night on your vacation and if you don't like it, you can always go somewhere else. That is what I did and I did not even consider going elsewhere. It is a pet friendly hotel so if you don't like dogs, go somewhere else...DUH!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank realistic1Georgia
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We wanted to extend our vacation before checking into a condo for a week. This was a good place to do so. It is what it is but for the price, we can't complain. Our room was clean and we found the staff friendly. We did not experience any issues during our stay. We enjoyed the pool, it was clean and enjoyable. There is an Applebees almost attached to the facility, so if you need a beverage or something to eat and wish to stay on premises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends