“Excellent customer service.”
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Ramada Hilton Head
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff at this particular hotel has really gone out of their way to make my stays more comfortable / enjoyable. I have stayed at this motel ( the Quality Inn at 200 Museum Ave. Hilton Head Is., SC 29926) about 25 to 30 nights over the past 6 months. Their staff, specifically Michelle , Matt and Angie, have been awesome! They know me by name, know which room is my favorite and try to accommodate me and my quirks, whenever possible. For example, Matt and Angie know that I usually come straight to the motel to check in after I get off work late at night and before I go out for diner, and that I really appreciate their having a chocolate chip cookie available. Michelle knows that I need two receipts, so when I check out, she prints up 2 copies for me without my having to ask. Michelle is often there in the morning and Matt and Angie are there at night (when I always check in). However, on one evening when Michelle was on duty, she actually called my room about 5 minutes after I had checked in just to make sure that everything was satisfactory! (The previous visit I had voiced a complaint about the TV not working). I really do appreciate their going the extra mile to provide me with such excellent service! Although there are other motels which are a little less expensive and located closer to where I work at Hilton Head, I choose to stay at this location because of the excellent service.

Room Tip: I've stayed in several of the rooms over the past 6 months. They all have had good firm mattress...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank William M
There are newer reviews for Ramada Hilton Head

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is an older motel, but the property is well kept. The pool is great for the kids as well as the putting green! The breakfast is very good with fresh bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries, juices, and other items. What's not to like! You would pay at least $7 each for breakfast at a restaurant per person. Apply that to the very reasonable cost of the room and you have a terrific value!

Room Tip: You can request a roll-a-way bed for additional sleeping space for kids!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel offers clean rooms, a great breakfast and a staff that goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. It is by far the best value on the island. Don't let other reviews influence you, decide for yourself. Stay here one night on your vacation and if you don't like it, you can always go somewhere else. That is what I did and I did not even consider going elsewhere. It is a pet friendly hotel so if you don't like dogs, go somewhere else...DUH!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We wanted to extend our vacation before checking into a condo for a week. This was a good place to do so. It is what it is but for the price, we can't complain. Our room was clean and we found the staff friendly. We did not experience any issues during our stay. We enjoyed the pool, it was clean and enjoyable. There is an Applebees almost attached to the facility, so if you need a beverage or something to eat and wish to stay on premises.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel seemed like a good value for a quick weekend getaway. However... while the room seemed perfectly clean and well functioning, we were mistaken. The sink was leaking into the carpet which produced a horrible odor. A staff member came to "fix" it, but it was leaking the next morning. Additionally, on our second day we received no housekeeping service - despite having told housekeeping that yes we would need it. Later on in the afternoon when we returned and found we had no clean towels we called the front desk. Rather than oblige our request, the staff member argued with us. Not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MaureenE527
Quality I, Manager at Ramada Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

The management and staff at the Quality Inn & Suites strive to uphold the highest standards possible in making sure each and every guest is a satisfied guest with potential to give us repeat business and refferals from family and friends. It is disappointing to fall short in this regard and i highly regret it. Please find the opportunity to call me at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter with me. I look forward to hera from you. Thank you. Brian Nyakwara, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked on expedia.com got to the hotel and was told that I had to pay some type of fee of $7.00 which I thought I had a paid for my reservation in advance and then treated as if I was stupid by the lady at the desk Michelle she was so rude I wanted to leave. I was sent to my room which was on the third floor and smelled of animals. I called to the front to be treated even worst by Michelle and told if I wanted to be on the first floor I had to pay $30.00 more which wasent a problem but the way she spoke to me and handled me was just outrageous. Needless to say her customer service skills is a train wreck. We left the hotel and went to find another hotel that had people who didn't treat you like crap. We ended up down the road to the Hampton Inn, we will never stay at that Quality Inn ever again. Words of advice don't use expedia to book you in hotel that charge you extra when you arrive and send you to the worst room because you've booked online as she said, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered. Called to speak with the manager Michelle sent me to every extension except the manager's.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce B
Quality I, Manager at Ramada Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

I thank you for your recent stay with us and i sincerely apologize for the conduct of one of our staff. We pride ourselves in high standards in guest satisfaction and such conduct from our employees is totally unacceptable. Please rest assured that appropriate action has be taken to remedy this situation and I kindly invite you to give me a call at 843 681 3655. Thank you. Brian Nyakwara, Asst. General Manager.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

First off arrived to see multiple pets on the property, which promptly drove me nuts for the entire seven day stay. The staff and response to any and all problems was dismal at best. We asked for towels on second day of stay and ended up getting the janitor Eric at our door offering us marijuana. Thanks but no thanks buddy. Oh yeah we got our towels an hour later. The rooms had cockroaches. The comforter, if you can call it that, on the be must have been from 1990, probably the last time it was cleaned. Straight to the floor the whole trip. All facilities were simply sub par. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jake C

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am very disappointed and regretful to learn about your negative experience during your recent stay. Our hotel policy is 100% non-tolerant to such misconduct coming from our staff and you can rest assured an internal investigation is underway to address that very disturbing incidence. I would like to kindly offer you an opportunity to discuss this matter with me at your earliest convenience. My name is Brian and i am the Asst. General Manager and the number to call is 843 681 3655. I eagerly await you call.