“Worst Service In My Life”
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Ramada Hilton Head
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked on expedia.com got to the hotel and was told that I had to pay some type of fee of $7.00 which I thought I had a paid for my reservation in advance and then treated as if I was stupid by the lady at the desk Michelle she was so rude I wanted to leave. I was sent to my room which was on the third floor and smelled of animals. I called to the front to be treated even worst by Michelle and told if I wanted to be on the first floor I had to pay $30.00 more which wasent a problem but the way she spoke to me and handled me was just outrageous. Needless to say her customer service skills is a train wreck. We left the hotel and went to find another hotel that had people who didn't treat you like crap. We ended up down the road to the Hampton Inn, we will never stay at that Quality Inn ever again. Words of advice don't use expedia to book you in hotel that charge you extra when you arrive and send you to the worst room because you've booked online as she said, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered. Called to speak with the manager Michelle sent me to every extension except the manager's.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce B
Quality I, Manager at Ramada Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

I thank you for your recent stay with us and i sincerely apologize for the conduct of one of our staff. We pride ourselves in high standards in guest satisfaction and such conduct from our employees is totally unacceptable. Please rest assured that appropriate action has be taken to remedy this situation and I kindly invite you to give me a call at 843 681 3655. Thank you. Brian Nyakwara, Asst. General Manager.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

First off arrived to see multiple pets on the property, which promptly drove me nuts for the entire seven day stay. The staff and response to any and all problems was dismal at best. We asked for towels on second day of stay and ended up getting the janitor Eric at our door offering us marijuana. Thanks but no thanks buddy. Oh yeah we got our towels an hour later. The rooms had cockroaches. The comforter, if you can call it that, on the be must have been from 1990, probably the last time it was cleaned. Straight to the floor the whole trip. All facilities were simply sub par. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
2  Thank Jake C

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am very disappointed and regretful to learn about your negative experience during your recent stay. Our hotel policy is 100% non-tolerant to such misconduct coming from our staff and you can rest assured an internal investigation is underway to address that very disturbing incidence. I would like to kindly offer you an opportunity to discuss this matter with me at your earliest convenience. My name is Brian and i am the Asst. General Manager and the number to call is 843 681 3655. I eagerly await you call.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

enjoyed our stay. room was very clean and quiet. ask for a corner room. staff was pleasant and helpful. sunday morning breakfast very good. monday morning a little slim. will definitely stay next trip and recommend to others.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed here several times, and it is a nice, inexpensive place that is on the island. This hotel caters to the working class, but is very well kept up, and convenient to the entire area. Rooms are clean and nice (TV's need updating), and common areas are fine. Breakfast was great! Selection and supply of bacon, eggs, gravy/biscuits, was great. I highly recommend this hotel, if you understand this isn't a resort - just a real nice and clean place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I love Hilton Head its one of my favorite beaches. The hotel its ta great location and wonderful customer service, but the room needs some updates on the furniture and decor! Other than that it was a great stay!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Me and husband decided to take a quick and not very well planned weekend trip to the beach, we decided to spend the money on attractions, dinning, etc instead of the hotel, we just wanted a good location and a clean room with a comfortable bed and this is exactly what we got at the Quality Inn, rooms are spread out through the property so it makes it less noisy and very easy to access, staff was very friendly and helpful and we liked the fact that they provided free 1 hour bike use for their guests, not that the bikes have great performance or are high end but they served their purpose.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We visited the quality inn last week and we really had a nice time. We walked in and was greeted with what we call southern hospitality. Nicole was excellant and her customer skills were outstanding. We had a mix up in our reservsation and she was able to help us quickly without any hesitation. We went to our room it was very clean and presentable we would definitely stay here again becasue great customer service goes a long way with my family and I.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family