All reviews admirals row bunk beds huge pool through vrbo pull out sofa bedroom condo hilton head island paper towels bike rental kiddie pool full kitchen off season family vacation spring break coconutz ocean beach
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We loved being right on the water, the property was clean and nice, and the pool was amazing. The condo we stayed in could have used some updating which has nothing to do with the complex itself. Would definitely come here again.

Room tip: Ask the owners to show you pics of inside the unit.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Trista S, Front Desk Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2016

Thank you for your review of the property. I am delighted that you loved your view! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

This is a condo rental venue. Overall not bad, but lots of kids; thus the pool is inundated with them throughout the day and late evening. Me no like ... The unit I rented as nothing spectacular. Poorly remodeled. The bathroom needed better cleaning and/or grouting. The bedroom was not nice and cruddy. An old tube TV in the bedroom.

Bottom line, I will not go back. I didn't feel welcome and you roll the dice with the units. Great for families on a budget.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank SRobertss1
Trista S, Front Desk Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Dear Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Here at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, we pride ourselves on being a moderately priced family friendly beach destination. I do apologize that that was not what you were looking for. We offer multiple activities for children throughout the weeks during our busy season - making us a very popular destination.
From your review, I could not tell if your reservation was made directly through the resort or if you booked through a private owner. Had your reservation been booked through the resort, our Front Desk would have been more than happy to assist you in finding a suitable unit.
Again, please accept my apologies that you were not totally satisfied with your experience here.

Reviewed October 5, 2016

I booked this resort through a Groupon for my husband and I to get away for a romatic weekend. I read some reviews and learned that the resort was fun and nice, but the "rooms" were very outdated. I was prepared for this, but okay with it as I just wanted to get to the beach and have somewhere decent to stay. We lucked up.

The condo's are independently owned but rented out thorugh the resort. The unit we got, A 321 had been newly updated. It was very contemporary. There was a nice gray and yellow color scheme throughout. Gray laminate floors, fresh paint, nice bed linens. The kitchen had granite countertops and a modern tile backsplash. The unit was small, but plenty big enough for my husband and I. There was a bunk bed tucked in a nook in the hallway also. I would highly suggest unit A321 above all, if you want an updated unit. The owners did a great job. It also had a nice balcony with view of a lagoon with water fountain, pool and ocean.

The resort was very nice. The pool was huge with a convenient bar for drinks and snacks. There was also a restaurant inside the main building. Very good food! Try the crab leg and prime rib special on the weekends. Best deal in town! The beach was very beautiful.

One thing I would like to weigh in on is the "Roach" problem. I read several previous reviews compaining about this. I am guessing these guests are not at all familiar with this area of the country. These pest do exist but they are referred to in the Low Country as "Palmetto Bugs". Not only are they roach-like but they have WINGS! Some South Carolinians like to refer to them as the "State Bird". They are all over the coasts and swamps of SC. They come out at night. They are freaky, I am not going to lie, but they come with the territory. I have found that the higher elvated you are, the less likely you are to encounter them. This is why I requested a 3rd floor unit. I did not see but one, dead on the 1st floor of the public walkway. Obviously it had died from pestisides, which is good news.

If you get the right unit, you will be pleased but there are no guarantees. The resort and island are LOVELY!! I woul go back but request the same unit.

Date of stay: October 2016

Thank you for your review of our property. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis resort. We hope that you will return soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2016

First of all, we did not book through the hotel, so we chose our exact room and it was clean with hardwoods, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances,etc. The room was nicely appointed with cute beach décor. The amenities were great with a nice pool, bar by the pool and 2 restaurants. We ate at the sports bar and watched football. It was very good. We enjoyed the hotel, but would never book through them after reading the reviews about other rooms.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Trish M
Trista S, Front Desk Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Dear Trish,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. For future information, you can choose your room when you book directly through the resort. Each unit we manage has pictures available on our website that you are welcome to view prior to booking.
We would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

Really nice place for the price we paid. Room was a bit dated, but resort amenities were nice. Great pool, great playground, and beachside bar had decent drinks. Staff was superb to us. Room had no bugs, smelled and looked clean upon arrival.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Trista S, Front Desk Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2016

Thank you for your review of Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time and hope to see you again soon!