All reviews admirals row ocean villa huge pool bedroom condo pull out sofa hilton head island paper towels bike rental long weekend family vacation third floor spring break coconutz vrbo beach hhi gators
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2015

I guess it depends on which unit you get, but we lucked out and got a place in Bldg. D on the 3rd floor. The place might be dated, but the large pool rocks and the cheap snow cones and ice cream cones at the pool were great. The beach is nice, the gators pizza is good and cheap (check out the Monday specials), you can play FREE tennis, horse shoes, sand volleyball (BYOB), basketball (BYOB), shuffleboard, fishing…well, you get the point. Times are tough - you want a vacation? This place has enough to keep the kiddie's entertained, you get a kitchen to cook, and the price is right.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Shawn D
Reviewed June 6, 2015 via mobile

My complaints all mirror the others under the poor/ terrible category.
It's a total crap shoot what your unit will be regarding updating. We rented 3 units. 2 were pleasant and had been thoughtfully renovated. Ours...obviously Maw maw and Paw paw had not changed anything from 1972 and then got everything from Goodwill. Disgusting from the apparent original shag carpeting, seashell sink, electric stove, box TV and bed pillow w the LOVE motif from the 1970 movie. Didn't want to touch anything and wanted to dunk my entire body in a vat of antiseptic when we walked out each time.
Even if the unit had been updated, the property was gross. The buildings were old and tired. The "ocean view " we paid for was a joke. One can see a shard of grey on the horizon and one room had no view whatsoever. The pool was spartan and you have to schlep anything and everything you need as nothing is provided except lounge chairs. No umbrellas, towels, etc.
This is a place where you go if you need a basic roof over your head,have no plans on spending any time in the room, and want no amenities.
Will never come back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Colon_queen
Reviewed June 6, 2015 via mobile

This is our first time staying at the resort. We are staying in building C room 38 which is up three flights of stairs and no elevator. The villa was beautiful..very clean. .queen size bed was very comfortable and roomy. ..the bedroom even had two in wall bunk beds for children. Fridge kept drinks ice cold and kitchen had top of the line appliances. Will definitely request this villa on future trips here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Y143RGmikec
Trista Smith, Other at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2020

Hi Mike!
I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay. I just wanted to let you know that there is an elevator in your building. It is on the opposite side though. So, your next stay will be a little more convenient. We hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2015

Ok, I cannot think of anything better than a weekend at Hilton Head. This resort has a lovely pool and the beach was beautiful. We stayed in the B building and had a nice patio and view of the water. I didn't go for 5 stars because the place is showing its age overall and needs a face lift and the rental unit was quite small for 4 adults. Having not been there before we thought it would be sufficient since it was advertised as having room for 6. We made do and will stay there again as the room is not the purpose of the trip! Being able to park and not move my car until I was ready to leave was great. We could go to dinner or to get drinks and never have to drive. Fabulous!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Robin J
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

Stayed in AR-215 last week, love the location, view of ocean and proximity to beach, but this condo had the dirtiest hard wood floors I've stepped on with no rugs or carpet. My family especially, my 11 yr old, complained about the dirt on her feet as well as the dirty chairs on the balcony. I ended up going to Bi-lo to buy a mop as the one in the condo was old and very dirty, as well as cleaning the old dirt (not sand) off the chairs. The main bath tub hot water handle was broken & made a loud noise, scared kids. Also, none of doors had locks, with the exception of the front door- no bathroom or bedroom privacy! I won't be renting this particular one again! I would probably rent again if they did some through cleaning (especially floors) bathroom repairs, appropriate door handles and a few throw rugs!

Date of stay: May 2015