“Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Georgia
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

We searched for weeks before deciding to stay at HHI Beach & Tennis Resort. We wanted to be in an area where we could afford to be in a beach front condo. We found our condo on VacationRentals411.com and I have to say, we are more than pleased - we fell in love! The villas are designed well for small families and well equipped so you can stay in if you want and be very comfortable. We cooked breakfast and lunch at the condo and ate dinners out. The location is great and although it is an older property, it is maintained very well, the 24 hour security is comforting and it is a family-friendly property. The condos are very quiet even thouh most are full now for Spring Break; we haven't heard a single neighbor! We will be staying here again!

• Liked — beach view
  • Disliked — Oyster Deck only open Thur - Sun 12-5
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank dreamnp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Kentucky
Reviewed March 16, 2008

I have stayed at the HHBT resort for the past 6 years and loved it everytime! The resort is centrally located on the island, a short drive to the light house in Sea Pines, but a third of the cost compared to Sea Pines. There is a lot to do on the resort itself, tiki bar, restaurant, indoor bar and grill, bike rental on the property, huge pools, tons of tennis courts, located on the beach, etc etc. A short bike ride down the road and there is a huge mini-golf course and arcade.

I have never booked through the resort itself and would not recommend booking through the resort, their prices are too high. Instead, use www.findvacationrentals.com and search for hilton head island and you will find tons of private condo owners who you can call or email and get a heck of a price. One year I even called the local century 21 office, which is on the resort property sight and they put me in touch with a couple who rents out their property and I got a good deal through them.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bestncbc
atlanta, ga
Reviewed December 5, 2007

The thanksgiving resort from hell

Me and my family stayed at the resort over Thanksgiving vacation. We stayed in Room A-22 on the tennis side. We drove from Atlanta, GA it was only a four 1/2 hour drive but when we got to the resort it was dark the security was fine. They gave me directions to the room and we had to walk up 36 steps to get to the room. They did not even have a elevator on the tennis side of the resort. We turned on the lights and then turned on the heat and roaches started to come out of the vents and baby ones in the cabinets. This was so awful to see this kind of stuff at a resort, We could of stayed at motel 6 and had better service. They would not let us stay in another room we had to get a hotel and leave all of are food in the fridge. We had bought so much food and we could not even cook for Thanksgiving. I have bourgh ten trips through a private travel agency and they were close the entire time. I talked to the front desk manager and he told me that they could give us another room it wil be 165.00 for one night. I told them were to go and I will tell everyone about the bad time that I had at your resort, Please be aware of this place.

Stayed November 2007
5 Thank ddj1970
St. Charles, Mo
Reviewed October 9, 2007

First of all....This resort is awesome. You can not get a better value on the island and still be right on the beach. It has everything you could ever need, (Pools, Tennis, Ocean, tiki bar, restaraunt, store, bar/lounge) We have stayed at this resort numerous times and I am here to tell you....Choose wisely and rent from a private owner!!! I have done extensive research on different condos within this resort and have had great condos everytime! You must realize that this resort is huge, there are about 8 different buildings and hundreds of condos in each one. Some are quite a walk to the ocean and some are directly in front of it. Make sure you get a map of the resort before you rent there so you will know the layout. You can get one online at the resorts website. There are 2 pools, one is oceanfront and is huge and very nice and the other is nice but alot smaller. Buildings B and C are closest to the pool and Ocean and in my opinion, the best locations. Most all of the condos are the same layout. They are pretty small and are one bedrooms with a hallway bunkbed and usually a pull out sofa. So when they say they sleep 6, that is what they are talking about. I believe there are a few 2 bedrooms in the "Admirals Row" building. Make sure you get one that has been completely renovated because if not, they can be quite run down. The renovated ones have nice bathrooms and kitchens with updated appliances and cabinets, modern decor and sometimes even granite or stone countertops. If you can , contact the owner directly and get pictures. A good website to use for private owner rental is www.vrbo.com . We have had excellent luck with the owners on that site so far. We just returned from a 1 week stay at this resort and had an awesome condo, right next to the pool and it was totally updated. I looked at a few others while we were there and thought how mad I would be if we got one of those! So here I am, trying to save you from getting one too!!! Good Luck!!!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank leDeal
PITTSBURGH
Reviewed September 29, 2007

We stayed at HHBT for the first time and loved it! The ocean front pool was very big and we loved the ocean front bar. The grounds were landscaped meticulously and the whole resort was beautiful. Our villa was updated and very nice. The price cannot be beat!

• Liked — Very clean. Hugh pool. Beautiful beach. Lots of things for kids to do!
  • Disliked — Need more elevators.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank VISITHHI
ATLANTA
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The Beach & Tennis Resort is a mid-priced (we paid $115 day)
resort on the water on HH island.
I go to HH every year for tennis, & this is one of the better locations, beach wise.
Too, we rented a 2bdrm, near the the bch in 'Admirals Row'
Some units are a bit of a schlep, but we found a nice corner 1st floor unit , that was great w/ our stroller.
The restaurant at the pool is limited, but its nice to have full bar
& kids activities all nearby.
I play tennis at Sea Pines, so I can't comment on the Tennis
at the resort.
The only thing I hear a lot, is that units rented from the resort can be
underwhelming in appearance & cost more than if you go to
one of the 'Rent from Owner' websites. ie VRBO.com

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Partyparent
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We planned our vacation to HHI because we wanted to spend time outside our hotel room, so when we found HHIB&T for only $111/night, we booked it and held our breath as we turned the key (yes, old-fashioned key-holes!) in the door.

We were pleasantly surprised to find a clean, cozy one-bedroom with two toilets (his and hers!), plenty of closet space, two televisions, DVD player, stovetop, microwave, full fridge, and balcony, among other comforts. The decor left much to be desired: wallpaper cut-outs and felt arts&crafts projects adorned the walls. However, we didn't need fancy-pants amenities to make our vacation.

I loved that it was a couple minutes walk across the boardwalk right onto the beach (no driving, searching for parking, crossing busy roads), and I loved that they had fun kid-friendly activities going on all week. Note: we don't have kids and didn't participate, but the resort appears to really invest in the experience of guests, especially families.

I was so pleased I had to pass the good news to other bound-by-budget travelers!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Older buildings...could tell this place had had its "day"
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple