Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island
$321
$307
$85
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
$669
Marriott
$574
$639
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$153
$139
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$240
$208
HolidayInn.com
$282
$251
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$145
$132
$329
2,828 results
All reviewsarum spalobby barshipyard plantationhilton head islandpool areagift shopcovered poolgrounds are beautifulzero entrybeach accessgarden viewbike rentalslong weekendparking lotthe entire staffgreat poollive music
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Eight nights here and I'm not ready to leave. Great staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, good restaurant choices with multiple locations... The whole experience has been great - despite it being peak season. We have three kids in tow and we are all still happy with each other thanks in large part to the kids club. It is basically babysitting at better than reasonable rates with very friendly staff - and it includes meals and evening babysitting options on certain days. I do wish our one year-old could go too, but it starts at age 3 if potty-trained. The kids club has never been very busy and seems almost under utilized. I've especially enjoyed the live music with lunch at Sweet Cane grill poolside. The reviews that mention the Sonesta is busy with children are accurate. But the flip side is it is very family friendly. A manager even rearranged rooms at check-in to provide us adjoining rooms despite the busy season. If you're here for more than a few nights, you can find self-serve laundry facilities that I didn't see signage for anywhere; just ask since it's tucked away. Excellent resort!!

1  Thank kpmeadows1
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed in the presidential suite and it was very nice. When we arrived, we were pleased to find a plate of fruit and nuts waiting for us and at night they offered turn down service with chocolate on our pillow. The spa there is fabulous and I loved the decor of the hotel. The people were very friendly and the hotel kid-friendly.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

It was nice, but not what we expected for what we paid!!! When we booked we were told we would be able to see the beach horizon from the balcony. We had to stick our heads out over the balcony and turn our heads it was a pain! The staff weren't even willing to work the problem out! Very disappointed for all the money we paid to stay here! The bathroom and shower was very small! The rooms were very over priced for what they really were. The pictures make it look a lot bigger and nicer than it really was. The pool was way to small for the amount of people staying there. We couldn't even find chairs to lay out by the pool, which was upsetting didn't get the chance to use the pool even once during the stay! The elevators in the hotel were very slow and outdated for sure !!! Defiantly need some up keeping! The other problem was that there was no parking at all! If you got back to the hotel after a certain time there were no parking spots open at all! For all of the people staying there, there should have been a bigger parking lot! Not everyone wants to blow their money on valet parking!!!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Dkowalska2012
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Sonesta for our family vacation. The location is perfect and just a few steps to the beach, which we loved. The staff is courteous, lots of smiles and eye contact. The pool is nice. Overall, very relaxing and family oriented.
We did not appreciate the 'no view' room overlooking the noisy air conditioners. Even if we chose a no-view room, we didn't expect a terrible view and a noisy balcony. Although the room was still quiet with the balcony door closed, the view was terrible. It wasn't a 'no-view', it was a terrible view. We requested a different room (no upgrade). They said they were sold out for the night and would change our room the next day. When I requested the room change, someone at the front desk said they would notify me the next day when another room was available. No one called me. I went to the front desk and they asked for my cell phone number. Once again, no one called. I went back to the front desk in the afternoon and they took care of it. This didn't bother me as much because we were out all day and ultimately got our room changed. Other guests may find this lack of attention unacceptable. In both rooms I liked that the bed sheets were very clean (Yes. I admit I scrutinized them every day for hair, stains or anything else) and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms, however, need more cleaning. The room was clean, the bathrooms just need more attention as well as the carpet (Needs to be vacuumed thoroughly every day). Also, the food needs A LOT of improvement. It is bland! We wanted to explore the island so we ate at different restaurants, however, the first night we were exhausted after a 14 hour drive and decided to eat at the hotel. The food was very bland and not worth the cost. Needless to say, eating at the hotel after that night wasn't even an option.
There are daily resort and destination fees in addition to the local and state taxes, however, I was aware of this additional cost when booking through Expedia. Read your itinerary under 'Additional Hotel Services'. No surprises there!
Overall a nice experience but a little pricey (room, pool, access to the beach and parking if the lot is not full - Everything else has an additional cost).

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I chose this hotel based on other reviews, but I will gladly submit that the Sonesta has not been overbilled. Earmarks of the recent $30MM renovation were evident everywhere we looked. All of the staff could not have been more helpful, but front desk manager Kalvin and intern Emily made us feel special our very first night. It's just hard to single out one particular group, housekeeping, pool, bicycle rental personnel, bellmen - they all performed like they were part of a well orchestrated team. This property is definitely on our radar for the future.

Room Tip: if you're not a pet person, asking for a room on something on other than first floor might be a good idea.
1  Thank Russ Y
SonestaHiltonHead, Manager at Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you for this wonderful review. We appreciate your recognition towards our friendly staff, in particular, Kalvin our Front Desk Manager and our Front Office intern Emily. We are grateful for the gracious comments you shared with us regarding your experience and can not wait to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact us directly in the future so we may assign a nice room for your next stay!