1,910 results
All reviews carolina room heavenly bed koi pond pool area ocean view covered pool self parking kids club outdoor bar beautiful property hot tub housekeeping staff hilton head island lounge chairs off season the entire staff beach access
Reviewed November 9, 2015

We loved the lounge chairs at the pool area. These are the most relaxing chairs we have ever been in. I enjoyed sitting in the rented chairs by the beach and then spending relaxing time by the pool. The pool restaurant is pleasant. This location is remote and not in the middle of everything. We rented bikes for a nice ride. I would recommend staying above the 3rd floor to get a view of the ocean and be sure to request a room where you cannot hear the recorded bird sounds right outside your window.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the 3rd floor and ask to be away from the recorded bird calls outside the windows.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank jjsk63
Hotel M, General Manager at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2015

Thank you for sharing complimentary feedback on your recent stay at The Westin. Delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing time at the pool area, as well as the restaurant, and that you had the opportunity to rent bikes and explore the area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another relaxing and renewing stay.

Reviewed November 8, 2015

My name is Janelle Lee. My husband and I went to celebrate our third wedding anniversary! I am so happy we chose this resort! Our schedules had been very hectic and we wanted/needed to get away and truly relax. Katie Menary welcomed us with a warm smile and gave us a flawless check in experience! When we got to our room I jumped up and down like a little girl and then I went out to our balcony and cried tears of joy at the awesome view we had and full of gratitude that we were in such a beautiful space to celebrate a beautiful time in our life! My husband and I took deep breaths and had an amazing third anniversary!!! The staff is warm and kind! The food is delicious! The atmosphere, Heavenly!! We will be returning very soon! it's our go to getaway place now!!!

P.S. Please give Katie Menary recognition for her outstanding service! She deserves something extra special!!!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Westin as the destination for your wedding anniversary celebration. It was great to know you enjoyed a beautiful guest room with an awesome ocean view as well as your dining experiences. We certainly appreciate knowing the staff ensured you were well cared for and treated special; especially Katie recognizing your special occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another renewing getaway.

Reviewed November 5, 2015

Stayed here for a business function. Beautiful property and a short walk down to the beach. Many pools to enjoy. As you would expect, pricey for any food or drinks you might have, but overall service was good and stay friendly. Enjoyed being able to rent bikes from the property. Room was very comfortable and cleaning staff were always friendly. Convenient to stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you have a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2015

Thank you for sharing that The Westin is a beautiful oceanfront property. Delighted that you enjoyed our renewing pool area as well as bicycling. It was great to know your guest room was very comfortable. We appreciate your comments that the service was good and friendly as our staff strives to ensure our guests are well cared for and treated special. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a renewing and relaxing stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2015 via mobile

I wasn't going to write anything, but when check out was as bad as check in I feel a need to warn others. During the reservation process my sister was hung up on. We wanted to make sure that the rooms were right (traveling for a funeral). Then We checked in and one of the three rooms was dirty. Unmade bed, dirty coffee cups, towels on the floor dirty. The front desk staff argued with my mom about why it was dirty (our fault not theirs). Only their manager was concerned about doing the right thing. She was nice and paid for us to get some apps at the restaurant while they cleaned our room. We felt bad to complain and that everyone at the hotel knew,
so that evening when my sister was in bed working she noticed the ants in her bed. She didn't say anything just killed them. The rest of our stay we saw ants, and a palmetto bug in our rooms.

Then during check out the gentleman working the front desk said we had charges on our room. The resort fee and tourism fee. I charged that fee only to find out my sisters receipt shows the same charge on her card???

It's the Westin, I'd expect this from a lesser chain. Dealing with loss I paid to stay her for my family to avoid these issues. I would find another place to stay.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank mgilbert07

Thank you for sharing feedback on your stay at The Westin. I was glad to know our staff ensured your comfort after a computer error caused an incorrect room assignment which was an isolated incident. I am very sorry your sister experienced an issue with pests in her guest room which we would have quickly reacted to had we known of the situation. Hilton Head Island has a very healthy ecosystem, and pests such as mosquitoes, sand gnats, palmetto bugs, etc. We recommend keeping balcony doors closed to prevent insects from entering the guest rooms. I am glad that our Front Office Manager was able to speak with your sister related to the issues experienced and also to alleviate any misunderstanding about charges which were valid. It is always the intent for our guests to feel special and well cared for, and I hope your family will return in the future to experience a renewing and relaxing stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2015

Hotels lately, as we all know, have become a tad cold and impersonal. That said I was pleasantly surprised with the grace found at the Westin Hilton Head. From the initial check in to the ongoing kind and attentive service I was impressed. My first "moment" was asking for sneakers (a Starwood program). The desk clerk was helpful, personable and solved the problem of a standard size woman's shoes (offered men's), the next was the breakfast server. She was funny, warm, engaged and informative (and patient with my colleague who had a bad case of jet lag). The coffee bar figured out the order - after only one cup . . . the list goes on. Simple steps that made all the difference to me.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View (but expect a bit of a hike)
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2015

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at The Westin. Delighted to know you were pleasantly surprised by the personal and instinctive service provided by our staff as they always strive to ensure our guests are well cared for and treated special. We hope you will return in the near future for another renewing getaway.