As platinum members we regularly stay at Westin resorts. This one is one of the best around!
The front desk staff were helpful at check in, though the folks ahead seemed to linger quite a bit causing a longer than average Starwood preferred wait. It probably seemed longer with two tired, hungry kids!
We were upgraded to a resort view king suite, which actually had a small ocean view and pool views with two balconies. The waterfall outside was great to help the kiddos fall asleep. Service express sent several items to our room upon request in such a timely manner.
The rooms are well appointed, though (minor) more powerful hair dryers would be nice to fight the humidity. Our suite had plenty of room with a dining table and seating for four, even with the pull out couch open and a crib. The tub is a bit slippery for little ones, to be expected but just be aware.
The housekeeping and maintenance staff could not be more friendly, going out of their way to say good morning and evening in the halls. The valets are a great first impression of the hotel. The women in the gift shop went above and beyond to help. I had my hands full with my toddler and all of our beach gear. A wonderful woman helped me try new flip flops on my older son to make sure they fit, then cut the tags off for him. All with a smile!
One area for improvement would be the restaurant selections and service. We found the prices to be high in all three of the restaurants with extremely limited food selections. The service was a bit slow at the poolside restaurant, but to be expected at 1pm on a beautiful Saturday at a busy hotel. The server was super friendly and apologized multiple times about the delay. The kids menus offer healthy features with the regulars (chicken fingers, etc) available upon request. My kids were fans of the naan/humus and grilled chicken with pasta marinara. To have healthy choices for the kids is such a plus!
Another hotel highlight is Donna, concierge. I called a few weeks before we arrived to get suggestions for activities that might need advanced reservations. Donna was very helpful and thorough. She emailed me several times with detailed information based on my requests. Her help was so very appreciated so when we arrived our wish list activities weren't sold out! My husband played a great round thanks to her suggestions. Thank you, Donna! It would be great if all Starwood hotels had such a gem!
The pool areas are well maintained and the beach is easily accessible. Plenty of fresh pool towels are available at all times. Plenty of pool side chairs are available with very comfortable cushions. Beach umbrellas and chairs are available for rent and for our family well worth the $30/day. There is an outdoor covered pool that seemed warmer than the others and nice to swim outdoors and have a break from the sun!
We plan to be back next year, and make this an annual family vacation. Well done Westin Hilton Head staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Starwood, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa