The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hilton Head Resort(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
Ramada Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Motel 6 Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
  • Pool
1,738 results
All reviewscarolina roomheavenly bedpool areakoi pondocean viewcovered poolself parkingkids cluboutdoor barbeautiful propertyhilton head islandhot tubhousekeeping stafflounge chairsthe entire staffoff seasoncommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel the past few years for Memorial Day weekend, and I'll continue to come back whenever I can. It's been great watching this property go through the renovation process the last two years, and it has made all the difference. The hotel is located in a great central location, and is right on the water with a very nice beach. Deluxe Ocean view rooms make you feel like you're at the edge of the world, looking straight out onto the water and beach. The only downside from the recent renovation is a lot of the pool chairs were replaced with firepits and more social lounging, as well as a completely empty deck (at the time we were there 5/13). The hotel has always been short on pool chairs, and it'd be nice if the quantity were increased as the current setup requires you to "poach" chairs as soon as you wake up.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are just that. "Island view" is on the outersides of the "V" and have you either looking at the property next door (either trees or another hotel depending on the side you are on) or the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Colin M
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing that The Westin is one of your favorite resorts as one of our valued repeat guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our recently renovated resort and coastal chic ambiance. Regarding your comment on pool chairs, while we have the same number of new chairs/lounges as in the past, we have added numerous firepits and poolside/oceanfront cabanas which also have seating/lounge capacity as many guests requested these upgraded amenities. We do have functions that might require chair removal such as an oceanfront wedding on the deck, etc., and we are sorry if you were inconvenienced due to an event. Our staff also monitors empty chairs to ensure that every guest has the opportunity to avail themselves of the chairs and lounges in the busy spring and summer seasons. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future so that we may meet and exceed all your expectations at that time.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Just finishing up 3 nights here at the Westin. We were here about 6 years ago and can really tell the difference after the renovations. Everything is clean, modern, and this is still one of my favorites on Hilton Head.

Most of what the other reviewers said is spot on. Great location, views superb, good food, and friendly staff. Long walks to the rooms from the lobby but worth it for the great views.

Our only challenge was a very scaled back service due to the season, but that's to be expected across the island. Shorter hours and not as many options. But we wanted a relaxing getaway at an upscale resort and that's exactly what we got.

Will definitely be back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alandubo
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing that you had an excellent getaway at The Westin. Delighted to know that our recently renovated resort is one of your favorites. We appreciate your noting our location is great, the views are superb, and that you experienced good food and our friendly staff who strives to provide personal and instinctive service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another rejuvenating and renewing stay.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for the AAFP Urgent Care/Emergency Medicine conference. Our room was an ocean view on the third floor. Let's review the cons of this place first:
1. Prices are high, but we expected that based on the location. Glad it is tax deductible for us:)
2. The carpeting as you entered our floor smelled of urine the entire time we were here. I think someone let their dog pee on it. We let the front desk know, and they sprayed some stuff that masked the smell for a day, but then it was back. Either that or the same dog kept peeing on the carpet. Anyway, we made it a game to run to the room without breathing until we got out of the stinky zone.
3. The food at the hotel was way overpriced and only average quality; we ate it for breakfast and lunch for our conference. I cannot believe they did not have grits one single day for breakfast. What the heck. They also gave me white bread for my lunch on a gluten free request. I think someone just looked at the label of the Wonder Bread and it didn't say gluten on the ingredient list, so they figured it was safe. Really???? There are great places to eat outside of the resort, so no need to eat here unless someone else is paying or it is free.
4. They give you vouchers for on site purchases if you choose the green cleaning option, which means no one comes in your room the entire time you are there, not even to take out your trash. What they don't tell you is you can hardly use them for anything, not a beer, not the gift shop, so they are essentially worthless and you have been smelling your leftovers trash all week. Well, not really, we took our leftovers down to the poolside trash.

Now let's review the pros:
1. The room itself was great, large comfy beds, nice bathroom with a hose to wash the sand off your feet. We slept great. As noted by other reviewers, things have been recently renovated and we were pleased with the results. No musty smells in our room. There was a problem with a leaking hose, but it was fixed the same day we called about it. Tiny balcony with a sliver of ocean view, and the opportunity to eavesdrop on all conversations taking place below. (note, we tried to get ocean front, but could not)
2. The staff was very friendly and helped us find good places to eat and things to do during out visit.
3. pool area is beautiful, many pools, hot tub, many many nice places to sit and enjoy the beauty. Every day we had breakfast outside and watched the sunrise and the shrimp boats cruise by. The grounds are very well kept and the landscaping and flowers are beautiful.
4. the BEACH! This is on the toe of Hilton Head Island, and the beach to the north goes by private homes, which were pretty much deserted while we were there, so it was like having our own private beach. The water is warm and clean, the beach is immaculate except for a random helmet crab shell here and there. You can rent beach chairs with umbrellas. When our children were younger, this is the kind of conference site my husband and I dreamed of.

Room Tip: ask for ocean front not ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kansaskayaker

Thank you for sharing your feedback during your visit to The Westin for the AAFP Urgent Care/Emergency Medicine Conference. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you noted which were not up to our usual standards. We have shared your comments with our management team for further review and action, and very much value the feedback. When our guests select the Make a Green Choice option, trash removal, towels, etc. are available to the guest upon request through Service Express. I was glad to know that you were able to enjoy a great guest room and comfortable Heavenly Bed so that you slept well, and also that you enjoyed our pool area and fantastic beach. Delighted that you found our staff very friendly and helpful as they always strive to provide personal and instinctive service. We hope that you will return in the near future so we may meet and exceed all your expectations at that time.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a very nice hotel right on the ocean and the view from the oceanfront was spectacular! My room was very nice and the king size bed was great to relax after our being in meetings from 8-5. I particularly loved the overhead rainfall shower and large tub although I wasn't able to "recline" as much as would have liked to in the tub.. Although I didn't spend as much time on the balcony as i would have liked to I appreciated the 2 chairs and table out there. I utilized the fitness center and used the Lifecycle running machine. I particularly liked the ability to watch television directly on the life cycle machine. The front desk folks were very helpful and always had a smile on their faces and even helped me to reactivate my starwood rewards program. The computers on the main floor were a good thought and allowed me to print out my airline boarding passes for free. The only negative was I was looing forward to using their sauna but learned that there was a $25 dollar charge as the sauna was part of their "Heavenly Spa" package and I didn't want to spend $25 dollars for only a sauna and didn't want a full massage. Everything else was clearly superior and I will stay at this Hotel in the future when I return to Hilton Head.

Room Tip: if you like to work out you may want to ask for a room that is close to the fitness center
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter H
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin to attend a meeting. Delighted that our staff reactivated your Starwood Preferred Guest account so you will reap the benefits of this outstanding rewards program. We were glad to know that you enjoyed the ocean front guest room view and relaxing Heavenly Bed, as well as the Westin Workout facility. Thanks for noting the front desk staff was helpful and pleasant as they always strive to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another renewing stay.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here during the HHI winter shag dance convention. With a group of over 500, we were pleased with the service, friendly staff, room and facilities. Our room had wonderful views of the pool and ocean and was extremely comfortable. The ballroom was large enough to accommodate everyone and we had room to spare. The newly redone appearance of the hotel and grounds were enough to encourage us to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Diane M

Thank you for sharing that The Westin has excellent accommodations and that you enjoyed our newly renovated resort. Delighted that your group was pleased with the service and friendly staff and that you were very comfortable in your guest room with a view. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another rejuvenating stay.