Just finished a three night stay at this Westin, attending a convention with my wife and adult daughter. I must admit I had pretty high hopes and expectations, based upon the website, its recent renovation, and previous Westin experiences. First the minuses. Check-in was glacial, with only a maxiumum of 4 check-in service bays, but only two staffed at 3:00 PM on a weekend. My reservation was messed up and it took a rather unpleasant and lengthy conversation with the MOD to correct it. The restaurant menu looks quite imaginative and inviting but breakfast, lunch and dinner samplings were disappointing and expensive. The service, however, was exemplary. The room was average size - with two queens all the only seating was a single chair - with no reading light. The rooms are dimly lit and lack adequate power outlets. Double sinks are a plus but a tub/shower combination reflect the dated layout. Our ocean view room had a small balcony but quite a bit of outdoor bar noise. At least no rooms look out over the parking lot but the pool or varying aspects of the ocean. The pluses include ample and free parking - including in a garage directly underneath the hotel with elevators directly to your floor. The bedding is awesomely comfortable. All rooms have a small refrigerator. The pool area and grounds are attractive but not overwhelming so. The beach is huge and easily accessible, with hard-packed sand. There are ample restaurants near at hand - including an Atlanta Bread Company. The Harris Teeter grocery store is also close by. All things considered, an okay experience. I would likely look elsewhere next time I come to Hilton Head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on Hilton Head Island's famous white sand beaches and nestled amidst swaying palmetto trees, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa offers travelers a lush tropical oasis. Enjoy the array of inspired amenities available at our Hilton Head Island resort, including private access to miles of pristine beaches, three beautiful swimming pools and four on-site restaurants. Children will love spending time at the Westin Family Kids Club, while you can escape to the Heavenly Spa by Westin™ for a rejuvenating massage. We also offer hotel guests access to the adjacent Port Royal Golf & Racquet Club for championship golf and tennis. All guestrooms feature the Westin Heavenly Bed® and double-vanity Heavenly Bath®, as well as a private balcony, many of which boast stunning ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head