I first discovered this property in 2008. To me, it's always been a solid SPG category 4 property because of it's beach front location. ( Also a popular Wedding venue apparently...I've seem at least 6-7 weddings take place there). However, the property was a bit dated and worn. I think they started a renovation project 2 years ago. Last year, I purposely avoided coming here due to all the ongoing constructions. Now the renovation is complete, I'm so thrilled to revisit and witness the amazing transformation. IT'S GORGEOUS!!! I am a SPG Gold member, so over Labor day weekend, I was upgraded to an ocean view room( newly renovated) on the 4th floor. We watched the sun rise from the balcony. Amazing. The pool, koi pond and fire pits were beautifully done/redone. There were also a number of noticeable updates throughout the resort, such as the new furniture, lobby area, updated coffee shop, new dining options, and resort store. I highly recommend this hotel and I can't wait to visit soon. I only wish they would bring back the Turtle bar( where Oceans is now). I miss the gigantic nacho platter+ other munchies they use to serve there. There are some good dinning choices on the property. They are fairly expensive, so you might want to venture out 2-3 miles to give yourself more options. The coffee shop in the lobby has some good salads and sandwiches for about 1/2 the cost of the offerings at their sit-down restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head