We just returned from a wonderful vacation at the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort. This was our 3rd visit to this resort with our kids and each time we go it just gets better and better. The renovations to the rooms, bathrooms and hotel generally are just beautiful. The Westin staff exceeded our every expectation. Our hotel room was upgraded to ocean front without even asking. Check in and check out were seamless. I recommend starting your vacation with Dee Dee whose massages will ensure that your vacation begins on the right, relaxing note. The best part of our trip, by far, was being pampered by our favorite Westin employees. We look so forward to seeing Christopher – Bellman Extraordinare – who is so pleasant and professional. He always has a smile on his face,. Anything you need, he will take care of it. He is such a sweetheart. The same can be said for Clemencia who works at In Room Dining. Clemencia has her finger on the pulse of how to make a guest feel at home. She definitely has the right touch when it comes to making her guests feel special. She is really thoughtful. When you go to Carolina Café, ask for Gavin – Gavin treats you like a guest in his home. He makes you feel like royalty. He remembered our kids favorite things to eat -- he is just so kind that way. He will ensure that you food is prepared exactly as you want it, and if it is not on the menu, that does not matter. Gavin will make sure you get what you want and that you are happy. That is just the way he is. He is simply outstanding at what he does. Other employees who stand out at Carolina Café are Patti, Duke and Jose. When my daughter inadvertently forgot her retainer on the table, and it was thrown out, Patti and Duke would not stop until they found that retainer. Even when I was ready to give up looking, they would not stop. Patty and Duke took excellence in customer service to an entirely new level. You will find that same level of customer service at Splash Restaurant by the pool. At Splash, the excellent food is matched only by the high quality service you will receive. We so enjoyed seeing Kendra, Danielle, and Maeve every day at lunch. They go out of their way to make you feel so welcome. Our girls just loved them. We look forward to seeing the whole crew next summer. It was a wonderful family vacation.
For dinner outside the hotel, be sure to visit Wiseguys for excellent fare (and chocolate fondue); One Hot Mama’s for amazing BBQ; Giuseppe’s for authentic pizza; Truffle’s for the delicious pork burger, sweet potato fries and awesome desserts; and The Salty Dog for crab cakes and chocolate/peanut butter pie. Wiseguys and Truffles accept reservations by opentable, but you may have a wait at the others as long as an hour since they don't take reservations. But it is worth it.
The only restaurant for us that didn't live up to its hype was Robert Irvine's Eat! restaurant. The food was good and the service excellent, but the menu was limited and I found it to be very over-priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head