“The Only Place We Will Consider Staying At On Our Next Visit”

The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I recently made our first visit to Hilton Head and the best decision we made was staying at the Westin. The location and the facility itself made the stay a perfect vacation as our intent was to spend all day at the beach and the Westin provides for easy ocean access to an exceptional beach location. What we didn't anticipate, however, was the exceptional service and attitude displayed by the entirety of the Westin staff. We had often heard about the famous South Carolina hospitality and the Westin set a standard that is rarely achieved. From the moment we parked out front and met the valet to the time we checked out, every staff member went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. My wife and I were extremely impressed with the interns the Westin sponsored from England and Ireland and we will remember fondly our visits with Maeve (our favorite server) as we dined and had drinks at poolside. On our next visit to the island we won't be looking at any other resort for our stay and will plan our visit around the availability at the Westin.

Room Tip: If possible, upgrade to an ocean view room on one of the top two floors. The views are magnificent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck S
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin for your first visit to Hilton Head Island. We were glad to know that our beachfront location and facility ensured a perfect vacation. We appreciate your sharing that the staff provided exceptonal southern hospitality and service ensuring you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for also sharing specifically that Maeve was your favorite server. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another rejuvenating stay.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I checked in the Westin Hilton Head on June 1st and 2nd for a quick getaway. The doorman was kind enough to greet me even though I carried my family's luggage ( no attitude whatsoever). Then I met Kristina at the check-in, she was awesome. She gave us our room before check-in time and explained to me about the resort. I really did not expect it to be great, I stayed here before, but my room was on the 5th floor overlooking the ocean and my kids were so happy that they could not wait to see the rest of the resort. Also, Patricia is wonderful at the front desk. She explained our charges due to a mistake on my email. Overall, our stay was more than we expected. The Westin had more than paint and carpet upgrades. We have decided to return for another weekend.

1  Thank tequoi

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your visit to The Westin for a quick getaway. Delighted to know that your family enjoyed the guest room and spectacular ocean view. We really appreciate your kind comments on Kristina and Patricia being wonderful. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another rejuvenating weekend stay.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wow!! This is the BEST place to stay on the island.... Everything is top notch!!! Go back as soon as I can.... The staff is the best...We had NO problems at the beautiful resort... The renovation is breathe taking.. so lovely.. Just GO

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lcog
Jeffery W, Director of Sales at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing that The Westin is the best place to stay on Hilton Head Island and that you felt the renovation is breathtaking. We appreciate your comment that everything is top notch, and that the staff is the best as they always strive to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another renewing stay.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Dream Place

This is a beautiful place for beach activities, conferences, weddings and family vacation.
My family had an incredible stay. The blue water is clear and calm, the sand makes itself into dream castles. The service is absolutely southern. The time stops and childhood memories come back.
Looking forward to stay after the renovations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TonicTravelAmeniti
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing that The Westin is a beautiful place for many occasions, events, and activities and for relaying that your family had an incredible stay. We appreciate your descriptive review and hope you will return in the near future to experience our newly renovated "coastal chic" beach resort.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I finally got a chance to take a little break and get away from Atlanta. My hubby and I celebrated our anniversary at Westin Hilton Head. Charlotte was super sweet and sent up a bottle of red wine (my fave) for our anniversary and wrote a nice little card. The property was so relaxing and right on the beach. The food at the Carolina cafe was okay, I've had better burgers. The bar (not the Ocean bar) food was reeeally good! I was totally refreshed when I checked out and would def come back!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maddy R
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing that The Westin is a beautiful property where you chose to celebrate your anniversary - congratulations. Delighted that Charlotte was sweet and personally acknowledged your special occasion. We appreciate your noting that you had a relaxing stay and felt totally refreshed upon your departure as it is always our goal for guests to feel better when they depart the resort than when they arrived. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another relaxing visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times in the past before the renovations. The renovations are awesome but the customer service left little to be desired. We weren't offered housekeeping until 3 pm in the afternoon. We had returned from the pool to find a dirty room with housekeeping moving slowly down the hall. The pool staff was great (Ian and Eric). They stayed on top of their chairs and Ian even remembered my room number and name the next day! Katie at front desk was nice and efficient. But you pay $20 a day resort fee plus taxes for the amenities such as the pool, parking, and Internet. But really does it constitute a $20 a day charge for late housekeeping or no HD channels on tv? Not so sure. The pool has even decreased their quality of pool towels as well. I did get in touch with a manager after 5 or 6 phone calls to the hotel to address these issues and she listened and returned some of my SPG points. I'm very appreciative in the return but I just wish they could get their customer service back like it was 4 years ago. You just can't update a property with millions and decrease customer service. I like to stay at resorts with friendly staff all around not just in select areas. And the prices they want you to pay per night ($320 for garden view) customer service should be better. I will give this place one more try but only one.

Room Tip: Always ask for upgraded room. Ocean front view awesome!
2  Thank Drewbreez

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin. As one of our valued repeat customers, we really appreciate your noting the brand new renovations are awesome. Thank you for your complimentary remarks on the pool staff being great; particularly Ian and Eric, and also Katie at the front desk. Our staff always strives to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest. Our regular housekeeping services continue throughout the day from approximately 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.; especially in our busy summer season. However, for the convenience of our guests, we do honor special requests for housekeeping services during a particular timeframe. Our resort fee includes shuttle service to golf and tennis, local and 800 toll-free phone calls, access to the Westin Workout, self parking, and wireless internet which most guests prefer over individual charges. We hope that you will return in the future so that we may meet and exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I typically don't review most of my stays, but have tried to make more of an effort lately...especially with non-business travel. This one I had to comment on because the staff was so fantastic. Checking in, I had some issues with my reservation. However, Kristyn worked through every problem, and made sure we were taken care of. She continued to maintain communication throughout our stay to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The restaurants were all fantastic. We ate at all 4 at least once, and had great experiences with each, Again, the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The spa continued the staff excellence. Juan went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. He is a true asset to the spa. From the maid service, to the valets, concierge to the kids club. EVERY experience with the staff was extremely positive. I've traveled weekly for business for a dozen years, and this is the first hotel/resort we've stayed at where that was the case.

Lastly, the view from our suite was awesome. There was plenty of room to move around. It seemed that most of the rooms overlooked the pool and the beach. The hotel is a little on the north end, but very convenient to local golf and restaurants. We will definitely be back here, and recommend it to others.

1  Thank Jon C

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your great trip to The Westin. We were delighted to know that you enjoyed the suite with an awesome view. We appreciate your complimentary remarks on our staff; particulary Kristyn and Juan as the staff strives to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest. Thank you for recommending The Westin to others, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another renewing stay.