We upgraded to an Ocean View room...if I stood on my tippy toes I could see some of the ocean but there was a big building in front of our room blocking most of it. I couldn't use my phone at all while in my room. I called to see about moving and she immediately asked if I had AT&T and when I told her I did she informed me I was out of luck but could stand in the hallway to use the phone. REALLY, are we not in 2013? I have traveled all over the world and have never had a problem. 2 strikes. The third was the construction banging at 8:01 right outside my room and construction workers lacking any regards to the guests. We had to keep our blinds shut the whole time they worked. I understand construction, but work with them to be respectful. I was there for a business trip, had I been trying to relax on vacation I would have been livid! During one of the meetings I slipped out to grab a cup of coffee from Ingredients...the most expensive cup of coffee that had to be poured out it was so awful. I ordered a mocha and have NO idea what I got. I bought my friend a drink and she said the same.
Now for the good part (the only way this got a 3 rating). The valet staff were always friendly as were the gals from housekeeping. The female bartender at Oceans Saturday night was great as well. The meeting lunch was good. The rooms were nice and parking was easy to self park. The lobby was well kept. I don't like giving low ratings unless I feel necessary (you can see my other reviews). I am staying at a Westin next month and I really hope it is better than this one was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on Hilton Head Island's famous white sand beaches and nestled amidst swaying palmetto trees, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa offers travelers a lush tropical oasis. Enjoy the array of inspired amenities available at our Hilton Head Island resort, including private access to miles of pristine beaches, three beautiful swimming pools and four on-site restaurants. Children will love spending time at the Westin Family Kids Club, while you can escape to the Heavenly Spa by Westin™ for a rejuvenating massage. We also offer hotel guests access to the adjacent Port Royal Golf & Racquet Club for championship golf and tennis. All guestrooms feature the Westin Heavenly Bed® and double-vanity Heavenly Bath®, as well as a private balcony, many of which boast stunning ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head