“awesome service”
Review of The Smokehouse

The Smokehouse
Ranked #36 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: The Smokehouse has been Hilton Head's celebrated home of wood-fired BBQ since 1999. Their baby-back ribs, pulled pork BBQ, wings and chili have amassed countless first place awards over the years. Other specialties from the BBQ pit include texas-style beef brisket, honey glazed smoked chicken, and turkey. The Smokehouse has a menu filled with many delicious items. Come try the fresh hand cut steaks, juicy burgers, sensational salads, and a wide selection Southern side dishes. Smokehouse on Palmetto Bay Road offers it fine food and friendly service in their spacious dinning room, and outdoor deck complete with fireplace. Enjoy one of their 14 ice cold drafts or cocktail while watching your favorite sporting event in their warm and inviting bar.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went by for late lunch and sat at the bar. Geoff was the bartender on duty and couldn't have been more helpful. At shift change Chris came on and again excellent service and conversation. Food was delicious but service even better.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,239)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have been visiting The Smokehouse on our yearly visits to HHI for many years. I share a full rack of ribs with my husband, it is less expensive than buying two 1/2 slabs and enough for two average size people. It comes with a small square of corn bread. I love the hot sauce so much I always buy a bottle to take home. My daughter said, she prefers a sweeter tasting sauce, but enjoyed her dinner. These ribs are smoked so they come served to you dry and you add the sauce. Service was attentive and good. We'll be back again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Alex our server was great! The wings are fantastic. I have never had a bad experience. Their catering service is terrific. I am from Memphis and The Smokehouse is top notch BBQ in my book.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We went The Smokehouse basically because my husband was dying to have some BBQ - the service was great and the food was delicious, we were not disappointed!! This was his favorite meal of the whole week and not just because it was BBQ!! We had a party of 9 and sat outside on the patio area which had a great atmosphere!! We were well taken care of all night and would definitely go back. We highly recommend dining here for an enjoyable evening! We will visit again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our waiter Alex Hess was great, he was attentive and polite. The food was delicious and was cooked perfectly, and is one of mine and my husbands favorite restaurants on Hilton head island.