“Good Ribs Great Atmosphere”
Review of The Smokehouse

The Smokehouse
Ranked #23 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: The Smokehouse has been Hilton Head's celebrated home of wood-fired BBQ since 1999. Their baby-back ribs, pulled pork BBQ, wings and chili have amassed countless first place awards over the years. Other specialties from the BBQ pit include texas-style beef brisket, honey glazed smoked chicken, and turkey. The Smokehouse has a menu filled with many delicious items. Come try the fresh hand cut steaks, juicy burgers, sensational salads, and a wide selection Southern side dishes. Smokehouse on Palmetto Bay Road offers it fine food and friendly service in their spacious dinning room, and outdoor deck complete with fireplace. Enjoy one of their 14 ice cold drafts or cocktail while watching your favorite sporting event in their warm and inviting bar.
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We went there and ordered different things from the menu I ordered the ribs my dad orders the sampler platter. The full rack of ribs were delicious. The meat came off the bone with no problems. We didn't have to wait when we went after 7. If you go during the winter and its cold enough they have a nice fireplace outside on the patio if you enjoy sitting next to a fire. This was my first time there and it won't be my last either.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,133)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Love this place! I've gone here several times - their Sunday brunch is wonderful! $4 bottomless mimosa's - can't beat that! The staff is friendly and accommodating, always professional, restaurant is clean and the food is great. Their prices are also very reasonable compared to a lot of other restaurants in the area.

Love this place and the people so much that I ended up hiring them for my wedding rehearsal dinner/party to cater (I believe I set this up with Morgan) and was beyond satisfied! They were extremely professional, proper and so friendly. The food was great (as always) and fresh. The staff went above and beyond what was asked of them (or even expected of them) and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. I found their catering prices to be extremely reasonable and I would most definitely recommend their services again. I know I'll be using them for whatever parties I happen to host in the future and will continue to frequent the restaurant as one of my favorites on Hilton Head Island. Definitely check them out if you're in the area or if you need catering.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The smokehouse is definitely a must! Such a great menu and the best service! Very very accommodating! Will definitely be going back :)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Only was here once while visiting a friend but the food was incredible, service was great and personnel were extremely enjoyable. Next time I'm in town this will be a definite stop.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

It's been almost exactly a year since we were here and since I remembered liking it, I wanted to give it another try. I still liked it quite well, just not as much as last year - could have been that last year was one of my first times having southern BBQ and now the novelty has rubbed off a bit.
The food was still good, the service was excellent, and the value was also good, since we shared a large BBQ combo plate and it was enough for both of us (we just ordered an extra side and salad).