“Unique Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love Alfred's and so do my visiting friends and family. The place is small,but cozy. The Veal chop is the best, and the Duck cooked to perfection. During the season, sometimes is noisy when "rowdy" golf buddies visit, but, they're entitled to enjoy,too. Wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. Probably my favorite place on the Island.

2  Thank Sue G
There are newer reviews for Alfred's Restaurant

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Attentive service, excellent German Potato Pancakes, Duck that had super crispy tasty skin and tender meat, Grouper special was encrusted with potato, lump crab on top with chardonnay sauce. Mmmmmm. Our friend had the German sampler and said it was delicious. Super cozy restaurant, open kitchen, great for two or with friends. We loved it.

1  Thank lss1227
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

The food at Alfred's, where we dined on Saturday, November 10, 2012, is quite good. It was too bad, then, that the service was so atrocious that the entire experience was ruined by it.

It was unclear whether the elderly waiter just hated his job or life in general, or whether he just found us objectionable in particular, but he made it clear, soup to nuts, that our presence was offensive and displeasing to him.

Questions about the menu were met with huffy eyerolls and shrugs and remained unanswered.

Silverware was ripped out from under us, plates banged in front of us so aggressively that the soup spilled out of the bowls.

This "service" culminated in Mr. Passive-Aggressive dragging his sleeve through my main course, not once, but twice, under the guise of pouring me more soda.

Unbelievably, I had to point this out twice, before I even received a snappish apology.

The fact that this paragon of hospitality was guzzling white wine between serving guests may have had something to do with his attitude, but I can't be sure.

Anyway, the tip he received from my, much nicer than I am boyfriend was entirely undeserved, and we'll be sure to give Alfred's a wide berth in the future.

1  Thank Idun1
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I both had German Food (German Mix Platter and jagerschnitzel) which were both better than average. Service.was prompt and attentive.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great little restaurant. A hidden gem. Food and wine are top notch. Service is excellent. Good for two or a group of friends.

1  Thank wayne m