“Excellent subs!”

Stu's Surfside Subs
Ranked #104 of 375 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Description: We are a sub shop, the best on the island and you have us listed as closed on a holiday weekend and the page is not allowing me to edit the hours, this is really not good! :( Donna Zigelstein Owner Operator
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stopped at Stu's for a quick Sunday lunch on the way out of town. The bread was homemade and delicious. Toppings were plentiful on our BLT and roast beef subs. We also enjoyed their potato salad, which is homemade and similar to a loaded baked potato. My only concern was the somewhat confusing ordering process....it's kind of a small place and someone was taking orders from the line, some orders were being placed at the register, payments were being made before and after eating. It's best just to relax go with flow, as everyone was very friendly even in the confusion. We'd definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Stu's Surfside Subs

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stopped by for my usual PBR fix when I come to the island. And the best part is the cost $1.00 ok, now the app requires 100 characters also. Oh, the chairs were lovely, various colors, really attractive. Didn't have need for a napkin, so cannot comment on their quality or color. While sitting outside to enjoy my PBR and the HH weather which was great, it was broken by the gut across the street with his gas powered hedge clippers hatching away at the bushes. Sorry did not get his name or brand of clippers. When I purchased my PBR the transaction as quick. I asked for a PBR, got it, handed the clerk a one dollar bill, sorry did no get the number on the bill, and walked outside and sat down. Oh, she popped the top. Whew... Hope I made that 100. Nope more to come. Well, I used no utensils so cannot comment on their quality or cleanliness.
I would try this place out for their subs, did not have one, just a PBR, but the reviews sound great. Oh more.
Let's see, the sky was blue, a minor wind, don't remember the direction, and temp was great.
There must be something wrong with this app update, seems like over a hundred by now.
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnbbbbbbbbbbbbbb. N. N nnnnnn n nnnnnnnn

1  Thank illiana_9
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My family did a three-night stay in Hilton Head last week, and Stu's Surf Side happened to be across the street from our rental. We walked over for lunch one afternoon with our (almost) two-year-old and were pleasantly surprised. Given its location, Stu's could probably coast on mediocre food and still be successful. They don't. The rolls in particular, were some of the best I've eaten outside of my native city of Philadelphia (I've been in Atlanta for 12 1/2 years and still haven't found bread as good). We even picked up takeout subs from there the following day.

It's a smaller place and they don't have high-chairs, so little ones will need to be able to sit in in a booth, chair, or in an adult's lap if dining in. My daughter had no trouble sitting in one of the booths. I'd even say she liked it.

I had the "Harbour Town Classic" sub one day, the "Station One" the next. I happily recommend both.

If you're staying in the Coligny Beach area, Stu's is as good a place for lunch (or even a beer or two, if you like) as any I could recommend. Bypass the ridiculous number of Subway locations on Hilton Head and get a *real* sub here.

1  Thank EricJ770
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Love Stu's. Great low key lunch spot, although during the summer the place is lined out the door with customers.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stopped in for lunch at Stu's based on TripAdvisor reviews - it definitely holds up the reviews! Yes, the meat is sliced fresh before your eyes, the subs are fantastic - loaded with ingredients and constructed incredibly well. But my favorite was when I asked our delightful young server about the soup - is it homemade? Yes, she said, we make it at home in a six gallon pot! Enough said, I got the soup and it too, like the sub, was outstanding. Highly recommend for a great lunch experience on HHI!