“Excellent Subs!”

Stu's Surfside Subs
Ranked #79 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Description: We are a sub shop, the best on the island and you have us listed as closed on a holiday weekend and the page is not allowing me to edit the hours, this is really not good! :( Donna Zigelstein Owner Operator
Bluffton, SC
“Excellent Subs!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fresh bread...that is what a good sub starts with and Stu's makes the grade! They pile on the meat, unlike big named chains (Subway's yuck) and they are consistantly excellent. Perfect for taking to the beach and enjoying a picnic lunch or they have a very small dining area inside and larger space outside, the dining area isn't much to look at but the food is phenomenal. Frendly staff as well. IF ITS' A SUNNY...BEACHY DAY...save yourself some time and CALL AHEAD...the secret is out and people, local's (which I am) and tourists know about this place. If you are a SUB connoisseur you must try this place.

York, Pennsylvania
“Great find”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped by Stu's right before closing on our last night on the island. We wanted to just get something quick to enjoy on the beach. I read on Tripadvisor this was a great place so we decided to try it out. Wow! I'm so glad we did. The bread was phenomenal. We didn't have to wait that long even though it was busy, maybe just 15 minutes. They even gave us extra bacon to take with us since it was near closing time. This is the perfect place to go when you are in the mood for something easy and the staff were all very friendly too.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Subs are OK”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

bread is good, sub was average. It is very hard to get too and the wait for them to make the subs is crazy. we waited over 45 minutes and there was no one in the shop!

Hilton Head Island
“I don't know how I missed this place for all this time! AWESOME!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was playing around on Trip Advisor yesterday and came across Stu's entry. I was really surprised by how many great reviews this place received. I have lived on the island for a while and had never heard of it. I went last night.... WHAT A GREAT PLACE! This is a complete dive. They have a counter, 2 inside booths and a Pac man game table. Outside they have lots of tables available. They offer amazing sandwiches on house made bread. I am really impressed. It's not a fancy place, but it is really good! You can also beer. They have PBR for $1 a can. i can't wait to go back. This place is a home run!

1 Thank CharliesAngel417
“Incredible!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Best bread anywhere! My wife laughed at my children and I because we kept smelling the bread. Great food and quick service!

Visited July 2013