Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $29.95
from $119.00
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews pony rides petting zoo sea pines beautiful horses farm animals bring carrots trail guide nature preserve inexperienced riders hour ride nice ride great for kids small fee staff was very friendly all ages hilton head island harley
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The guides were friendly and fun to chat with. The horses are very well trained, and the stable grounds look beautiful. The trail ride was what you paid for. I was hoping for better, prettier views or that they would allow us to ride around not in single file. It was relaxing, but I was hoping for a little more adventure. They did take your picture with your phone at the end if you wanted!

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

We took a 1 hour trail ride. The guides took us through some beautiful un-developed areas of Sea Pines. It was a peaceful way to spend the morning. The guides were very informative about the areas we rode through. The horses were very well behaved, though I am around horses a lot, I hadn't been on one in 30 years. I felt very comfortable. My horse, Simon, was very mellow and knew his job....the ride is walk only, no trotting. Helmets are provided and the guides took the time to explain how to control the horses with the reigns before we saddled up. This is a fun activity for individuals, couples and families. There is also a petting zoo which we took enjoyed after the ride. Must wear closed toe shoes. Long pants are not required but will make for a more comfortable ride than shorts

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We were looking for something interesting and different to do, and a one hour trail ride in the forest preserve was a great choice. I hadn't been horseback riding in 20+ years, and this was a low stress way to try again. We took a 9:00 am Sunday Morning ride, and it was just the two of us, with a great guide. The facilities were great, the horses seemed well cared for, and the service was great.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

After entering Sea Pines, we stopped at the Lawton Stables for the pony rides and the petting zoo. After petting and feeding the llamas, pigs, donkeys, Shetland ponies, chickens and cows, the two children moved to the pony ride area which was a 200 foot diameter circle. Twice around for each child at a walking pace and it was over. We viewed the large trail horses as we departed and then returned to our cars headed for our next destination.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Take a scale with you on vacation because you will need it if you want to ride their horses! Weigh yourself before you book. If your a pound over their limit they wont let you ride there horses. Im 6'4 250 Athletic guy, not nearly even obese. But I guess that chicken caesar salad I had for dinner the night before did me in. Because they made me step on a scale when I checked in and denied me access because I was 252. A Family of 4 and Dad cant ride, thanks guys, appreciate that. Definitely made my vacation a memorable experience. Meanwhile, I see some of your horses are twice the size of my truck and could probably move a house. Wonder how these Amish horses which are smaller pull a buggy and a family of 6 around all day. This place is joke and wont be back! I came here last time we visited and had a great time, not one horse got injured. Guess this was before they added SCALES at check-in. Ridiculous! Go on a Alligator tour, you will have a better time.

1  Thank A T
Amy H, Manager at Lawton Stables, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

We greatly apologize for the disappointment you experienced at our farm. It is never our intention for any of our valued customers to be anything but happy. Our 240lb weight max is set for the safety of our horses and customers and we have about 5lbs of wiggle room. I am extremely sorry you were unhappy with the way we handled the situation and if you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at amy@lawtonstables.com.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

The trail ride was some of the most fun I’ve ever had. My sister and I went for the 7:30 ride and it was so lovely! We were on two horses, mine was named Daisy and hers was named Cinnamon. They were such strong and beautiful animals. This experience was one I’ve never had before and I completely enjoyed the whole thing. The entirety of Lawson Stables was amazing, from the small animal farm, the animals you could pet in the bigger pen, and especially the horse back riding. I highly reccommend it for every single person who visits Hilton Head Island. Everyone is sure to love it! I know we did! This picture is of one of the horses that was in the bigger pen, all of them were so sweet and gentle animals!!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We have been coming to Lawton Stables for 6 years. This was the first year that our kids were old enough for the trail rides; they did the pony rides before. They wanted my husband and me to ride too so we all went out together and had a great time. Our guide, Eli, was great with our kids. We all love all of the animals on the farm too.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

We had booked the trail ride for our 8 & 9 y.o. grand children. At the last minute our granddaughter said she was afraid of the horse. My grandson and I went on the ride while my wife stayed behind with our granddaughter. She indicated that staff were very nice to them and gave them a tour of the stables. The trail ride itself was quite enjoyable and our grandson handled his horse with ease. Of all the activities we did with the grandchildren this past week, he told his dad that the trail ride was his favorite.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time with our 2 daughters, ages 9 and 10. The ride is the right length and all staff were helpful with pre-ride details. Our ride leader, Cheryl, was very informative and knowledgeable about island history as well as instructive on horse riding basics for our daughters.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

This was a great quick activity for my young children. The petting zoo area has several animals to see and pet. You can buy food to feed them. The pony rides are for kids 7 and under. They walk around the petting zoo area twice. The cost is $10. You only need an hour for the petting zoo and pony ride maximum, probably less.

1  Thank Eric G