“Hey...nice Duck!”
Review of Ruan Thai

Ruan Thai
Ranked #80 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Hey...nice Duck!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I came here with 2 other families and their kids(6 adults, 4 kids) while on a mini vacation/reunion with friends. We found the restaurant to be very nice, kid friendly and quite accommodating! Our servers were professional, the food came out fast and was presented well. We enjoyed the choice of different Curry and liked the choice so spicy-ness as well. The interior was upscale.

I was very impressed with the crispy duck- not even being a duck fan, I was asked to try it because I was told it was incredible...it was!

All in all it was a nice experience and we enjoyed our evening...I would highly suggest coming here for great Thai Food! And by the way, get the Duck!

• Visited July 2013

Hilton Head Island
“There's Two: Mid-Island and Main St.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

There's at least two of these places on the island, both owned by the same family, and offering the same menus, from different chefs, of course. They have lots of traditional dishes at fairly moderate prices. and everything is either ok or good but not great. We like the place at Main Street a lot better than the one at mid-Island. Just a different chef, and the place is smaller and seems to attract an older, less touristy, crowd. The decor isn't much at either place. Our waiter was a nice guy who had very long answers to almost every question and I began to wonder if I wanted to spend more time talking to him than my dinner companions. But there were pleasant surprises, too -- like the three beers they had on draught. Excellent. So were the appetizers. I think we tried one of everything. Just great. Those eating light had the lemon grass chicken; the rest had fried rice, and it was surprisingly good. Be aware the menu offers beer and wine only, no liquor.

Savannah, Georgia
“Addicted to Thai”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The best Panang sauce I have had so far. Hard to find because of the signage. A must have if you like Thai.

Visited June 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Thai food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was the best meal we had while staying on the island for a week. Excellent flavor, attention to detail, & presentation as well as amazing service. Best Thai we've ever had in fact and we eat at a Thai restaurant at home at least once a week.

HHIslander7
“Food Excellent - Service not always”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We eat here usually once a week for lunch and occasionally for dinner. The food is always good. They can do mild, medium, hot or very hot depending on your preference. I have never seen it to be unsanitary in the time that we have been going which is over 6 years. Service is not always great - it depends on how many they have working and who they are. In recent days, they have been understaffed at lunch which contributes to the problem. I love the mango paradise or shrimp and eggplant for lunch and three flavor flounder or sweet and sour shrimp for dinner. My husband loves the drunken noodle and fried rice but he has also gotten other dishes and always loved every one.