“Ruan Thai in Hilton Head”
Review of Ruan Thai

Ruan Thai
Ranked #93 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Staying at Palmetto Dunes, we happened upon Ruan Thai nearby for our first resto meal this trip. A rainy Monday night, Ruan Thai provided us warm hospitality, knowledgeable guidance from our waitress and tasty meals. My companions chose Yellow Lamb - a big hit w a meat lover, a combo appetizer plate - very pleasant, and I ordered seafood in two coconut halves - juicy scallops, mussels, grated coconut and spicy veggies in a yummy broth. My wife chose an inexpensive french Viognier which went well w the food.
Most impressive was our friendly waitress and her encyclopedic knowledge of the food prep.
Worth a visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Service was good. Thai basil was great,Pad Thai ok. Tom yum soup great also. If your into Thai basil give it a try the Pad was bland to my taste.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just want to share a few thoughts one of our favorite restaurants in Bluffton.
If your wanting to go out for a nice,quite,romantic,evening we always end up at
The Ruan Thai Restaurant, located in the Kroger shopping center on Fording Island rd. (hwy278) Bluffton,SC.
The service is always friendly and good. The food is exceptional as well. And the value is excellent. They have a wide variety of dishes, from fish, to every type of meat. Tonight I had the Thai Cashew pork, and she had Thai Basil pork both dishes were absolutely delicious! we topped it off with a Mango/Coconut fried Ice cream dish (OK, we indulged!). so if your looking for the best in Thai cuisine be sure to visit one of the 5 (I think?) locations, Hilton Head Is 2 locations hwy 278 across from Palmetto Dunes, the other on Main st, and 2 locations in Savannah GA, on Broughton st. Either one, you surely will love!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was okay. We were trying to find a place to eat on a Monday and apparently, many restaurants in the area are closed on Mondays. We found Ruan Thai and decided to give it a try. It was just okay. Not a bad meal, but I think sometimes you get accustomed to Thai or other Asian foods in your area and many times it differs from restaurant to restaurant. We had our mind set on Italian food and I think that may have influenced me. It was good, but I cannot say it was outstanding. It is a small place; service was good...prices a bit high. Personally, I would not go there again, but others may like it. My daughters thought it was okay as well. We enjoyed our meal, but nothing outstanding.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stopped through Ruan Thai for takeout since we are staying next door at Palmetto Dunes. Servers were very attentive when we walked in which was a plus. My wife tried the spring rolls which were not greasy and very tasty. She also had a Thai salad which had a peanut dressing which was hot...... So a cold salad with a hot peanut sauce was more like it. Thumbs down. The Tom Kha with tofu was fantastic. Plentiful tofu, green onion, white onion, and mushrooms. It was savory and a touch sweet and very filling. I would have been happy just with that. The disappointment of the Meal was the pad Thai. Tasteless, overly soft noodles, and no trace of peanut flavor with the exception of the crushed peanuts. Overall, not a restaurant I would visit again but reasonably priced if you want a killer Tom Kha.