“The sandbox is a must see each time we...”

The Sandbox Interactive Children's Museum
Ranked #40 of 117 things to do in Hilton Head
Athens, GA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“The sandbox is a must see each time we...”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The sandbox is a must see each time we visit Hilton Head. Our son enjoys all the different activites and it is a good break from the beach. We have been twice and it was fun each time. Their is lots to do for young kids. Also check out the calendar of activites. Call ahead before you go. Sometimes they close to host groups. have fun

Nashville
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not a museum, a play place”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I am not sure why the word museum is in the title. Although small, it is a nice place for toddlers to blow off some energy in air conditioning. Don't forget to venture upstairs for more hands on play.

Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Pre-school Haven”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

The grandkids loved this place. I brought a grandson who was 3.5 and an 18 mos old granddaughter. They loved the place. I would highly recommend this for a rainy day of for that matter any day. The kids will love it.

New Providence, New Jersey
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun - my 6 year old son LOVED it!”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We were in Hilton Head visiting family for a few days this November. We had planned to spend the day pn a dolphin tour but most of the tours stopped running 3 days before our arrival so I turned t trip advisor to find something to entertain my 6 year old for the morning. WHAT SUCCESS! Sandbox was a wonderful morning!
We arrived a few minutes after opening and after a $6 entrance fee, my son could not get enough! He loved 'flying' the airplace most of all. There is a construction room, a pirate ship area, a magic sand box, younger kid area, music, train table upstairs, library area, xrays, puppet show - you name it! We also had a fun time in the downstairs craft area - I wish we had one of thse in our house! So many supplies and great idea books - a totem pole seemed appropriate for the fall!
The staff was so friendly and they keep the Sandbox museum SO CLEAN and everything just makes you smile! There were only a handful of kids this particular Friday morning but I can see the summer being packed, especially on a rainy day! My kindergartener was entertained for over 2.5 hours until we dragged him away for lunch! They have a lovely porch area so had we planned ahead, we would have brought a lunch and had it on the deck and let him go back in afterwards.
Your kids will love it here.

2 Thank tber
Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for little kids!”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

The Sandbox is a great place to take small kids for free play options. My kids request to go every year and they play for hours. The craft room is well stocked and accessible, the baby area is nicely laid out, and the imaginative areas are a dream come true for little ones. My kids are 3 and 5 and have been going since they were 1 and 3.

1 Thank ferunc