“Good food great service”

Captain Woody's Seafood Bar
Ranked #76 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Captain Woody's is a fun and casual seafood restaurant with plenty of options for land lovers as well. The entire menu is available for lunch and dinner with an indoor and outdoor bar and patio seating.
Canandaigua, New York
“Good food great service”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The food here was good. The fish tacos were especially tasty. Service was great. The wait was long but it was nice since there was an outdoor seating area with live music.

CaptW00dy, General Manager at Captain Woody's Seafood Bar, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Thankyou for trying out our restaurant and for writing such a nice review. Summer can be crazy but I'm happy you enjoyed the music and that the wait time didn't deter you. Look forward to having you dine with us again on your next trip to HHI.

Lauren Jordan

Hilton Head, SC
“Love the atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I love sitting outside at this place!!! Great for kids and a relaxed environment. Some of the menu items are fantastic some are so-so. The baskets and sandwiches are great and a great value. Did not love my crab cake dinner entree. Kids meals were excellent.

• Visited August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. I'm happy you enjoyed our restaurant and the outdoor deck. Sorry you were not pleased with the crabcakes, they are one of our top selling items. Hopefully that will not deter you from returning and trying some of our other dishes.

Lauren Jordan
Traveler231232
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a recent visit to Hilton Head and were pleasantly surprised. We go to HHI a lot and couldn't believe we hadn't been here yet. Food was reasonably priced for fresh seafood (in the mid teens for a plate) and quite good. The whole table enjoyed their food- especially the hush puppies.

“Nothing special ”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were hoping up find some great seafood on our trip to HHI. It wasn't here. Food was so-so, prices were fairly high. Our first and last visit. There has to better on the island.

Chicago
“Pricey and not worth it”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes. We ate outside on a deck; the ambiance was laid back and beach bar like. Being a native Marylander, I know to not order crab cakes outside of MD. My bad!! I ordered the sandwich. It was a soggy, mushy mess. My husband and kids ordered the fried shrimp. It was just ok. The daiquiris were good, while the Bloody Mary was pretty bad. It was very expensive for lunch (over $100) and simply not worth it. I heard that the owner is very nice, and I wish him well, but something has to change. Without the beauty of his former location on the marina, he may be in trouble.